The mkiv Supra Owners Club

I'm back - Banners Soarer 4.0 v8 - now supercharged.

Guest Banners

Guest Banners

Hi All,

I'm back after a year or so of absence. Have missed you all, of course.

I came to the realisation that my car was not complete, and neither were my potential upgrades, without the help of this forum. :)

Currently, my 1991 frog sh*t green Soarer sitting on 19" staggered rims, has her standard 4.0 V8 built for cruising. Now I've abused her bolting on an Eaton M90 Supercharger she's a very lively little lady. :innocent:

Have upgraded the brakes to LS400 4 pots to cope, done a BFI intake upgrade and have a couple of Exhaust options, depending on if I'm on a tunnel run or not (Silencers, or NO silencers for the Tunnel runs and annoying the neighbours)!:p

You'll see me on most of the major Tunnel Runs and some of the other Jap forums too.

Hope to do some business here too and buy and sell a few parts.

Nice to be back,

Banners.

North London.

Guest Banners

No dyno....I refuse to put a real number on her until she's mapped properly. Its just a waster of tyre money.

Suffice to say, I am very fat, the car is huge and heavy, and she can still leave many things standing! I do have problems getting all that power down, and I also go through alot of rear tyres without too much trouble. I don't have to intentionally drift, it happens so often its nearly second nature. Maybe I need 10j rears now and to roll the arches? Hmmm....

I still can't keep up with you boys with bloody big turbo's of course.

I don't do turbos, I do chargers. A very different drive, nowhere near as agressive as when a turbo spools up and kicks in.

I'll get some of the latest pics in shortly. My old pics are still on the site from last time I was here. She's still not much to look at, no bling either. Sorry !

Back soon. B.

Guest Banners
[/size]

That was a bit uncalled for. ;)

Err, No and No.

Branners, I bumped into you at Rockingham last year when all the Supras turned up late and I nicked a space off you at the Supra stand...You may also remember me because I was with an older cute blonde bird trying to teach her how to wax the car. Shame it was too cold for a bikini wash and wax.

We're definately NOT related.

lol

Guest Skullface

Really interested to see this and get more info. I have a similar charger to go on my 1uz, a IHI Lysholm from a SL55 AMG. Layout, electronics used, and which age 1uz block you've used and any mods. Early 1UZ with stock fat conrods and low comp (8.5) pistons perchance?