The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Found an orphan yesterday

seba

Yes i know weird threadtitle...

I had a guy calling me last week about some suprastuff, random talk, when he asked me if i wasn't interested in his N/A 5speed. Me having sold my last supra a couple of months ago wasn't exactly in the market for another supra untill summer would come and i would not be able to hold back and get me a new one. Now i had seen the car before and honestly it was one of the ugliest supras i had ever seen, hate the colour and i'm not a big fan of stockbodielook. But since everything has changed here in Belgium since 01/01/2012 and importing one will be near to impossible from now on, this car had the registration for Belgium ready and the price was right.

The catch: the police had the car trailered away more than 2 months ago for driving without registration or something like that. This happened the same day the owner went to the track(or a mudpool by the sight of it)and went a bit mad with the car and managed to wear the clutch out in a couple of hours (if that's even possible) or something like that. Anyways the car was trailored away over 2 months ago and was still at the same spot with a fee to pay to get the car released. I went to take a look and felt so bad when i saw a supra, even as ugly as it is, standing with it's nose in a hedge, plants growing on top of it, covered with mud, flat tyres, dead battrie, surrounded by cars wich had been totalled. I knew right then it needed a home urgently and it would be my place.

It def needs some work:

-Frontbrakes seem to be seized badly

-Paint is fading everywhere and flaking on many parts.

-Interior dashpanels are bubbling? Not visible in pics.

-And again no ashtray !! Aaaaargh what is it always with the vanishing ashtrays !

-The exhaust is just dangling about (minor thing but i was surprized)

-Judging by the owner and previous history it hasn't had maintenance nor oilchange done in god knows how long.

-Needs a new clutch.

-235 tyres all round.

-Good things: My first supra with airbags, woehoooeee for safer driving!

-The enginebay was surprisingly clean.

-Only 55000 miles on the clock

-No rust anywhere.

-The stock 17's arent in too bad condition at the first sight.

-It has those nice aftermarket yellow tinted headlights.

Anyways some pics from the minute it got delivered at my backyard:

attachment.php?attachmentid=145016&d=1327438670

attachment.php?attachmentid=145017&d=1327438670

attachment.php?attachmentid=145018&d=1327438670

attachment.php?attachmentid=145019&d=1327438670

attachment.php?attachmentid=145020&d=1327438670

attachment.php?attachmentid=145021&d=1327438776

attachment.php?attachmentid=145022&d=1327438776

attachment.php?attachmentid=145023&d=1327438776

attachment.php?attachmentid=145024&d=1327438776

attachment.php?attachmentid=145025&d=1327438776

I just wanted to say that this is not the way to treat a car, especially a nice old reliable supra, there are so few of them here in Belgium and then to find one abandoned like this.

So yes i found an orphan :blink:

IMG_6541-1500.jpg

IMG_6543-1500.jpg

IMG_6544-1500.jpg

IMG_6545-1500.jpg

IMG_6546-1500.jpg

IMG_6549-1500.jpg

IMG_6550-1500.jpg

IMG_6554-1500.jpg

IMG_6553-1500.jpg

IMG_6547-1500.jpg

Edited by seba (see edit history)

Why problems with importing ?

Well since 1/1/12 there are new importingprocesses for cars outside the EU, jspec cars allready registered in UK are also included, so anything originating from outside EU. The proces is going to take longer than now (nbefore an average of 6 months) and paperwork has been tripled meaning more work for toyota and more money to pay(before about 500£). Except for that from 01/03/2012 the new registration is kicking in, instead of the 60£ we pay now to register a supra we will have to pay around the 900£-1000£ one time + the usual of 700£ taxes a year, and insurance ofcourse but thats expensive everywhere. So not fun anymore :(

As for you saying its ugly that may be a bit harsh storm blue iirc and stock bodied not that bad :p Anyway keep us update on it under the hood it looks very clean so fingers crossed she will serve you well.

Just personal taste :) I'll post some pics now and then to see what i'm doing with it, not much i'm sure. Just want to tidy it up a bit and give it a dry place in the winter.

Edited by seba (see edit history)