The mkiv Supra Owners Club

19 inch wheels? what you think for the supra??

Supra N_A

cheers hodge i was going into the show and shine till you turned up lol so helped you instead and made sure you got there on time

Couldn't have done it without you bud :D

And the other 10 club members who helped me clean her in 5mins flat. Roll on next show.

Had 19s for a while, I'm going to be getting 18s though so that the ride is a little more compliant. With 19s there is a bit more road noise and they are less comfortable. The car will handle like it's on rails though. The downfall with the lower profile is that you won't get any warning when the back end is going to let go, that bit more sidewall gives you more margin for error as it were. The tighter and harder everything is the better the grip will be but the quicker things will let go.

It all depends on your driving style really and what you are after. With 18s a normal driver will be given more confidence, on the 19s with a smaller profile you will be able to get more lateral grip but if you drive near the edge you can fall off a lot easier.

If you don't plan on driving on the edge, don't mind a bit of extra road noise and want the look then 19s are definitely what you want to go for. If you aren't the Stig, want to drive the car hard with confidence and want it a little quieter and smoother while looking almost as good as the 19s then go with the 18s.