The mkiv Supra Owners Club

N/A Manifold help

Suprakeith

Hi am after a stainless manifold for my 94 j spec manual supra and found this in the usa, question is has anyone used one? and what was fitted meant like and alsio is their a way to fit my lamda sensors into the manifold as have noticed from the picture they havent got the flange around the fitting like mine has

thanx for any advice and help in advance

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/160718514893?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649#ht_1785wt_956

ok mate well will wait bit longer then but if dont hear any news by end of feb will buy the other one for 400quid its seems to be good enough and the reviews that have read about it are all positive

If you buy the OBX you can use O2 sensors off a Camaro, i found some on ebay, paid around £40 deliverd from yank land

Doesnt the OBX need alot of work to get it too fit? was thinking about the ab88 one that found after started thread,unless all the OBX needs is different 02 sensors to fit?

The Autobahn is supposed to be a good fit, if you can get the proper one as theirs loads of copies around, if you can find one of nics old manifolds they are supposed to fit quite well, the one in the for sale section looks alot like the one he was making.

I thought ab88 were meant to be a pita to deal with and it was quite likely you ended up with a OBX manifold anyway as autobahn88 seam to have loads of fraud sites and you would have to make sure it took the original flange O2 sensors. Whifbitzs manifold wont be cheap either but like Neil said they will be top of the range.

Before producing the manifolds I use to make I did some research, these were some of the problems that I highlighted with some of the others on the market.

1. Alignment of the 2 flanges that bolt up to the head - these can be out of square and require machining/heating/persuading so they'll seal against the head.

2. Alignment of the bolt holes in the flanges - the holes may need machining/slotting so that the flanges fit over the studs.

3. Welding - the welding can be poor, this can lead to cracking of the welds between the flanges and piping due to vibration or if the manifold is under stress when bolted up to the head. Also the gauge of material used for the flanges on some manifolds can be quite thin which can also lead to cracking.

4. Some manifolds on the market are designed to fit a LHD Supra and can foul on the steering column on a RHD Supra.

5. Alignment of the exhaust flange - the manifold may need heating and 'persuading with a big hammer' so it'll bolt up squarely to the exhaust.

6. Oxygen sensor fitment - the stock O2 sensors have a 2 bolt flange, some manifolds on the market have screw in bosses which require either an adapter or new O2 sensors.