The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Oil change

Gaz B

I was looking at Fuchs before, but that was £100 for 10L, so I went for something else. Can't remember what it was called but it's 10W40 fully synthetic and was only £40 for 10L.

Doesn't really help the op much Josh if you dont know what you put in, you sure it was brand

new at £20 for 5 litres of fully syn ?

6 litres of Fuchs TITAN SUPERSYN 5W-40 High Performance, Fully Synthetic, Engine Oil in 1x 5 litres, 1x 1 litres and an OIL FILTER: UFI spin-on oil filter 23.253.00 single

£27+vat

Would always rather buy a mid range oil and increase the rate of changes.

R.

I've always used Mobil 1 in my car and in my Landcruiser and im very happy with

how it performs, what grade you put in will depend on how many miles is on your engine, as for

what brand well theres several that will do the job with ease.

Because my cars done over 134k i use Mobil 1 fully synthetic 10w60 extended life.

Opie had a deal on it and mine was £66 for 10 litres but its now £98 for 10 litres

Speak to Opie Oils is a good place to start or Josh :D

Edited by Dnk (see edit history)

Oh good grief! :p

I searched for fully synthetic CAR engine oil and it came back with a few. It seemed pretty good, and at less than half the price of the Fuchs, I thought "why not?".

My fuchs fully synth was £32 including an oil filter. for 6ltrs. So yours was less than £16 for 6ltrs? and came with half a filter? ;)

My fuchs fully synth was £32 including an oil filter. for 6ltrs. So yours was less than £16 for 6ltrs? and came with half a filter? ;)

I didn't buy a filter. I bought 10L of fully synthetic oil for £45 delivered.

I'll check to see what it is, as I can't find it on their website now. I'll report back later for you chaps :)

last time i checked opieoils for the fuchs was over 50 quid for 6 litres

http://www.opieoils.co.uk/p-1146-silkolene-pro-s-5w-40-ester-synthetic-oil-for-high-performance-engines.aspx

so how did you get it so cheap

EDIT

nevermind it was a different oil lol

http://www.opieoils.co.uk/p-984-fuchs-titan-supersyn-5w-40-high-performance-fully-synthetic-engine-oil.aspx

so this is fine for the supra? for a tt bpu

Edited by ashbuster (see edit history)

• 1 month later...
Doesn't really help the op much Josh if you dont know what you put in, you sure it was brand

new at £20 for 5 litres of fully syn ?

To revive an old thread, I forgot to check but have just done so. It was Motul 6100 Synergie.

last time i checked opieoils for the fuchs was over 50 quid for 6 litres

http://www.opieoils.co.uk/p-1146-silkolene-pro-s-5w-40-ester-synthetic-oil-for-high-performance-engines.aspx

so how did you get it so cheap

EDIT

nevermind it was a different oil lol

http://www.opieoils.co.uk/p-984-fuchs-titan-supersyn-5w-40-high-performance-fully-synthetic-engine-oil.aspx

so this is fine for the supra? for a tt bpu

whats the difference between these 2 oils apart from the price lol?