The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Removing AC rad

bigbloodyturbo

Started removing some gubbins today to fit an fmic. I have fitted the power steering cooler and removed the ac fan and old intercooler and piping. My question is how to remove the ac rad and the condenser thing (cylinder stuck to the front of the ac rad) without removing the pump. The reason I dont want to remove the pump yet is that it looks like it has the pas pump attached to it and I dont want to have to go find a shorter belt. Im not really wanting to do it for weight saving, more to make room for the fmic and some coolers down there as its startign to get busy in that area:) Can you remove the rad on its own or do i have to remove the lot?

its easy mate,

you can leave the pump in place no problem.

the AC rad and condensor is easy to remove to, will tell you how.

HOWEVER, joinging the pump and the rad, are high pressure hoses. if you remove these, air con gas will shoot out (loud lol)

you will have to drain the gas 1st before undoing (the screw with the H on, above where the FMIC will go)

undo the high pressure hose (10mm nut, easy)

then you can remove the air con rad. to do this, all you need to do is lift the water radiator (main car rad) lift it up and towards the bulkhead,

then you can remove the air con rad. again same way as you remove the water radiator, towards the bulkhead and up.

PS when you drain the air con gas, dont breathe it in lol. and when you think youv drained all the gas, when you do the high pressure hose there will be a bit left and scare you lol

see how easy you find that. then remove the pump. you need a female torx socket (cant remember what size, T25 i think)

there are about 5 long nuts holding it to the block.

then get a shorter belt, they are only £10 and can get them on ebay.

Edited by Lude
updating how to remove pump (see edit history)