The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Turbocharge your n/a for $149.95!

MR.B

Now come on people, play nicely - not everyone can afford a real Turbo car - ONLY JOKING :D What a pile of sh........

I can't believe the price though, about $150 !!! In english money, thats FORTY BEER TOKENS :eek: I'd rather shout 'PISH' out the window everytime I changed gear :D

Thankfully, HKS does it for me ;)

Matt

Originally posted by Muffleman

I can't believe the price though, about $150 !!! In english money, thats FORTY BEER TOKENS :eek: I'd rather shout 'PISH' out the window everytime I changed gear :D

Does a regular 'to atmosphere' blow off valve actually do anything bar making a pppppttttssssssshhhhhh noise?

all i'm saying is some people pay £200+ for the same effect (just via a recognised / proper method) don't they?

Originally posted by Scooter

sorry i should have said, does it do anything a regular recirulating valve doesn't :)

Probably not. I believe it can release the pressure quicker though, both in how quick it responds to the pressure and how long it takes to get rid of it. I base both these judgements on my own experiences of going from stock to HKS SSQV. You can hear the stock one when you fit an induction kit, and the sound is a lot longer compared to the HKS which would suggest it couldn't get rid of the pressure as quick.