The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Relocating the power steering

abtin90

I've done a search and couldn't really find any threads, but does anyone know or have a guide to relocating the power steering reservoir on an NA. The reason for moving it is that its an NA-T and the front facing inlet manifold and throttle body get in the way of the power steering.

• 2 months later...

I could be totally wrong here but I think I've found somthing on it:

I think we need to order a TT suction port union 44337-24020 and a TT suction port union o-ring 90301-11016

That will fit in place of the GE port that goes stright into the power steering tank. Then you can either buy a TT ps tank or drill and tap your GE tank and fit a fitting into that then attach a hose from your new TT scction port to the new port that your have tapped in place or it should attach stright onto a TT ps tank with no need to dril and tap.

I hope this helps but don't take my word on any of this information mate as this is just somthing I've put together off reading outher peoples posts on different forums lol I'm sure this is how it works but I'm still trying to find out more info myself :D.

that seems to be going overboard putting AN fittings on there,

you can just get a long piece of the rubber hose (oil resistant) and relotate the resivour where ever you want, it needs to be higher than the pump though.

heres the Jun engine bay, they have theirs right at the front too...