The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Where do they sell unique-colored rims?

vukelic

Hey all,

looking for some lightweight, bright coloured rims along the lines of lime green, light blue, or a blue of another kind or bright pink for my silver Supra, can't really find anything around the internet other then volk rims which cost an arm and a leg.. anyone got any other suggestions?

Thanks,

vukelic

Keen idea, 'cept that is extremely pricey, definitely and option, but to do it right would be killer, I don't know much about powder coating anyways, perhaps you could enlighten me? I just thought it'd be great to kill two birds with one stone, for lack of better words.

Thanks for the quick reply!

I think you'll be very limited with your choice if you try to find a company that sells new wheels in bright colours as I doubt they're popular enough for them to have in stock or even bother offering.

Try sending Ibrar Jabbar a PM as he does wheel refurbs for a living and he could give you an idea of how much it would cost to get a set of wheels painted/powder coated.

Good luck with your search :)

I think you'll be very limited with your choice if you try to find a company that sells new wheels in bright colours as I doubt they're popular enough for them to have in stock or even bother offering.

Try sending Ibrar Jabbar a PM as he does wheel refurbs for a living and he could give you an idea of how much it would cost to get a set of wheels painted/powder coated.

Good luck with your search :)

Thanks mate, much appreciated!

here you go mate- http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_nkw=plasti+paint&_sacat=131090&_odkw=platicoat+paint&_osacat=131090&_trksid=p3286.c0.m270.l1313 avaliable in lots of colour, if you search it in youtube you will se lots of example of it on wheels and how easy it is to remove.

Edited by ripped_fear (see edit history)

Powdercoating brand new wheels won't be expensive IMO. I contacted a wheel refurbishing place about getting new wheels painted a while back, the automatic quote included minor repairs etc so I contacted them and got a new quote based on paint only. Was around £40 a wheel IIRC.

And Scott, for powder coating, does a person need to sand their rims before hand? And i'll phone around here, over in canada, hopefully I Find some similar prices.

Not really sure could be blasting or just dipping, any powdercoaters will have the in-house facilities though as it's not worth sub-coning out that sort of work.