The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Respray quote

neo2810

Chaps,

I took my car to a bodyshop this weekend for a quote to repair the wardrobe induced dent and give the car a full respray (keeping it black). There are a few other dings and repairs to be done in with it but he's quoted £3k for the lot, and the car in for a week to do it.

It's a non-fault claim so I'm not paying a thing but just want to be sure he's not vastly overcharging so the insurance has a problem with it?

Whats the verdict?

No worries pal.... The other Bodyshop did offer a colour change and stipulates they do proper panel beating repairs, not filler, so may account for the heavier price but I don't have anything to compare to.

you dont need to replace your rear quarter..

110% trust me that other garage in no way will cut out your rear quarter and weld a new on in place ;-)

every bodyshop uses filler ;-)

unless its had a massive serious accident ie beyond repair then they will cut pillars and frames etc

thats just normal practice mate ;-)

Yeah, I figured it would be, and I've no doubt this bloke is taking a flier because it's a non-fault insurance claim and he's betting on me either not knowing spray costs (which he's right about :p ) or not caring since it's not my money.

I just don't want to give the insurance co. a wildly inflated cost as I'm sure they will get their "experts" to vet it against industry standards and will reject if it's way out. I've got a couple of other avenues to get comparison quotes so I'm not rushing in.