The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Going full Ridox (Wide Arch)

add heywood

So, thought I'd put a thread up now and keep you guys updated with the progress of the car. Over the past 3 years of owning it, I have updated the look and performance considerably (although I told the Mrs it would be a car that I didn't mess about with lol). About £8k and counting on mods since I bought it.

So, performance wise, last year I decided to up the power and managed to get around 730 bhp... Mostly came from cams (280's), built head that Dude built up at AFR, and a new fuel system as the old one was out of puff at 550 bhp. I'm happy with the power figure now. The next step would be to go built bottom end but that will be ££££ so will probably stay at this for some time. Lots of other jobs done but I won't bore you with the details...

The looks of the car have changed a bit since I bought it.

This is as it was from Japan... Bomex type 1 front bumper, oem skirts and spats.

It stayed like this for a while until I got a TRD spoiler (half carbon with carbon ends) from knightracer

The next big lot of mods was to have the Recaro's re upholstered in black and white leather, the Defi's to be fitted and dash to be painted white. I know the dash thing is a big marmite but it really modernised the interior of the car and went really well with the colour scheme of the inside of the car...

Then last year I decided after much thought to go Ridox bumper and skirts with the carbon sides and shine carbon splitter... All because of seeing a picture of Orido's red Ridox supra on youtube. The pics here are test fitting everything, the lines of the bonnet and bumper are perfect now...

(yes indicator has been fixed :p)

I have now just bought some original Ridox (varis design) front arches and shine auto rear fenders (I gave in and bought the ones off Barneybrendan) to make the car the first full widearch Ridox kitted supra in the UK with the carbon splitter and carbon rear diffuser. Also picked up a carbon rear wing so the look is nearly complete, and one of Ibrar's replica Ridox lower deck spoilers which is being carbon wrapped.

Car will hopefully be at the bodyshop next week for the kit to be fitted, wheels are off for the dish to be polished, so should all be ready in around 3/4 weeks.

I will update the thread with progress picsand the finished product aswell :thumbs: All this work and the car is still for sale lol, might have to up the price a little when done ha ha...

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

any under the bonnet pics mate ?

Have some decent ones but cant find them on the laptop... Will try and get some up asap...

Good looking car mate its lovely the way it is imo.

I know, I was well happy with it but I find if I'm not elvolving it and spending money I get bored of it...

Going to go with the Varis bonnet too? I'm mega jealous by the way! I wanted to go full Ridox 040 white!

Would love to, saw one on here last week but the prices are astronomical for them.

Will look awesome I love the ridox fenders.

Only ever seen pics of ones from Japan or a few in the US, will be good to see one finished :)

So, bit of an update. Rear wing has been taken off and is going to be spruced up with the lower Ridox soiler (wrapped in carbon vynil). Rear alloys removed and put some STUNNING rear wheels on. Thinking of trying to get 2 more for the front and having the best wheels on the forum lol. T-cut all the marks around where the spoiler was so all nice and tidy now (put a little bit of tape over each hole so as not to get any water in the boot.

It's sat outside looking a bit sorry for itself at the moment. The kit is all packed in the boot and is all good to go get fixed up :)

Had a bit of a horror moment when I opened the garage door this morning to get the car out. With the high winds we have had recently it must have blown some stuff off the shelves and had hit the boot lid and the roof... nnnnoooooooo!!!!

The T-Cut came to the rescue though and took all the little scratches away. So I now have around 4 patches of lovely shiney paintwork, first job when I get it back is a bit of a detail.

Also I will just say trying to jump start a car stuck in a garage with the battery relocated to the boot is a NIGHTMARE!

I love this car. Everything about it is perfect for me especially seeing it at JAE I was blown away.

Did you decide to blend the arches in or just rivet them on, (please say blend them in).

I've gone riveted, to keep with the original Ridox design (plus it would have cost ££££ to blend). Decided to get the rivets with the threaded middle and get some nice racing hex bolts (like I have fixed the front carbon splitter)... Will look good I think

http://www.pro-bolt.com/aluminium/aluminium-bolts-bodywork-race-spec/aluminium-bodywork-bolt-race-spec-m5-x-16mm-pack-x-10-blue-3.html#.TyJuDIGN3Ak