The mkiv Supra Owners Club

How much does it cost to drop a TT or 2.5 TT into a N/A Supra?

SUPRA2012

Soarer TT brakes are the same as Supra "J-specs".

I know that Supra shock/springs (together) fit a Soarer because that's what's on my auto, but unless you buy a Soarer with aftermarket units they are probably worn out, and they might not sit quite right. Coilovers on a Soarer are probably Supra units anyway.:)

Don't quote me, but I have a feeling that the front ARBs swap, but not the rears because the rear subframes are different, though interchangeable. No point though, because the Soarer is a "softer" car than the Supra.

Which reminds me... doesn't the N/A have a "missing" subframe mount?

Front control arms swap, although, again, the Soarer bushes seem to be more compliant (and they are usually stuffed). Rear arms (most, anyway) are different, I believe.

I'd have thought that anyone who is half-competent with a spanner could swap an auto 1JZ into a manual N/A Supra. It's just nuts and bolts. Wiring and plumbing are the awkward areas.

Edited by garethr (see edit history)

i have a complete 2.5TT engine i might sell with turbo's - loom - ecu for £750

Hi

I would deffo be interested in that sort of deal....let me investigate into finding someone who could do the swap and i will get back to you ( assuming you dont sell in the mean time)

The engine swap itself is a breeze, very few parts are needed to do the swap, provided the right 1JZ is sourced.

A couple of us (myself, HadeS, Littlenum, RyanG, Konrad, Keron and a couple more who's names escape me) have now tackled & completed the wiring end of it with great results.

I love mine.:)

The engine swap itself is a breeze, very few parts are needed to do the swap, provided the right 1JZ is sourced.

A couple of us (myself, HadeS, Littlenum, RyanG, Konrad, Keron and a couple more who's names escape me) have now tackled & completed the wiring end of it with great results.

I love mine.:)

Hi, thats sounds very promising....am I correct in thinking that the only real downside with the 1JZ is that max power is restricted to approx 380 bhp?....not that 380 bhp is too be sniffed at!...I would be more than happy with that..:)

Hi...its what Ive heard....i guess because its a smaller engine size?...maybe its not true....can anyone advise?

do you mean the stock twin-turbos? There's plenty of guys in the states running 700+hp on stock bottom end, the main thing i've heard of is crank walk but uprating the bearings and adding some ARP studs (which is what I plan to do) will help prevent this.

do you mean the stock twin-turbos? There's plenty of guys in the states running 700+hp on stock bottom end, the main thing i've heard of is crank walk but uprating the bearings and adding some ARP studs (which is what I plan to do) will help prevent this.

Iirc crank walk is caused by the 'clutch in, start' feature on US cars.

Yes engine is complete and has been in my garage for 3 months. comes complete so powersteering pump ect is all there.

Even coil packs are still fitted.

Think the clocks said 124 kilo so would be around 75 thou i think.

I sold konrad his engine and helped him wire it up, its quite simple when you know how, I run my 1JZ to about 430ish but thats on turbo technics hybrids.

Stock turbos at 1.2 will be around 370 - 380 so your correct in power on stock turbo's.

Mine has just been fully rebuilt with new crank and ACL race bearing - ARP bolts throughout and all new parts as in oilpump seals + little headwork.