The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Autobox Lighting??

Littler

As above really, on the gear selector are the PRND21 suppose be lit when the lights are on? They appear lit on the dash as normal, I've just never thought about it before lol.

If they are suppose to be lit I think my bulb has blown but can't see how to get to it?

Cheers.

I'm thinking they should be on but can't see how to remove the selector with the PRND21, I removed the dash piece I can't see how to get any further lol, any hints??

I had to change the bulb in mine a few weeks ago. I can't remember what I had to remove to get to it.

That doesn't help much does it? :D

take off the trim around the selector leaver, then you can get to the bulb holder from the side - quite tricky to be honest - you should be able to see the green bulb holder. Just twists off. PITA to get back on ;)

Its a "T10" bulb - same as the dash lights

I did try that but the actual shifter was in the way lol. Am I being a bit thick or is it hard to get that thing off?

Cheers for the bulb info :thumbs:

That loads of help...:banghead: :D

Was it a long job and do you know what bulb it is??

It only took about 10 minutes. I think once you remove the shroud/dash part there are 4 screws and then the PRND12 lifts up just enough for you to change the lamp. I do remember the actual replacing of said lamp was a little tricky. As for the size..... Pass

HTH

Edit I think it was the larger of the type you find in the back of the instrument cluster. The ones with the little green condoms on.

Edited by ScottC (see edit history)

I did try that but the actual shifter was in the way lol. Am I being a bit thick or is it hard to get that thing off?

Cheers for the bulb info :thumbs:

Move the shifter using the special red button!

I had to yank a little to get mine off, it is tricky but be patience with it.

Should point out, this was after I took the surrounding screws off.

It only took about 10 minutes. I think once you remove the shroud/dash part there are 4 screws and then the PRND12 lifts up just enough for you to change the lamp. I do remember the actual replacing of said lamp was a little tricky. As for the size..... Pass

HTH

Cheers, will take a look :)

HTH

ahha - yes, screws - forgot about them... I have a manual - thats my excuse...