The mkiv Supra Owners Club

which HID kit

LOGIE

im after HID's for my Supra which has UK glass lights ive already had a look on some sites and there are BIG price differences anything from £60 up to £160 for a set. Some sites claiming their HID's eliminate bulb warning lights showing up on your dash, yet ive never heard anyone on here having this problem? So i thought id ask which kits you bought and did you have any problems? Cheers

• 1 month later...

Hey, didnt think it neccessary to start a new thread for the same topic but after going on the above website, it seems they dont have an option for supras..

I was just after recommendations on which HID kit to get for a Jspec. I dont think i fancy paying £60+, i have heard some of the cheaper ones do just as well. Anyone any experience with this? cheers

Just buy the cheapest ones on ebay, I found out that it doesn't matter which you go for (expensive or cheap) it will always be a stab in the dark on how long they last, at least with the cheap ones they are also cheap to replace if they go.

I *think* for UK specs dipped beam you need: 9006/HB4, not entirely sure on this but heres a link:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/XENON-HID-CONVERSION-KIT-35W-12V-AC-BALLAST-H1-H3-H7-H11-9005-HB3-9006-HB4-/280744495771?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item415dad0a9b

This particular seller isnt Top-Rated, but there will be other ones if thats part of the criteria you look for when you order stuff on the bay :D

I'd choose a kit that includes a relay/harness that connects the ballasts directly to the battery, this eliminates low voltage issues you can get which cause the bulbs not to light or to flicker. It looks like you can also buy relay harnesses separately on Ebay too.