The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Going to lower my car, couple of quick questions...

Si_s Supe

I plan on getting my finger out and making a start on my suspension tomorrow. Plan on getting it all off tomorrow and then refitting next weekend. Whilst its off I'm going to replace front discs and pads and rear pads only on my UKs and give the calipers a lick of paint. Also thought I'd check my wishbone bushes / ball joints for any play while I'm there (if they come off without too much fuss)

-what would be classed as excessive play? I'm guessing there should be SOME movement front to back and side to side?

-what are the correct torque settings for the suspension and subframe? Don't want to over tighten the wishbones.

-are there any potential / common problems I should be aware of before starting?

Thanks in advance guys!

Your going to take the wishbones off ?

Not a good idea in my opinion and much better to check them on the car, preferably using

a ramp.

The torque on the main wishbone to chassis bolts are huge, if you do remove them you'll need

to get the camber and tracking done.

Your going to take the wishbones off ?

Not a good idea in my opinion and much better to check them on the car, preferably using

a ramp.

The torque on the main wishbone to chassis bolts are huge, if you do remove them you'll need

to get the camber and tracking done.

Had thought about it but decided it would be a bit OTT really. Just going to remove the front uppers to get the legs out and inspect the rest in situ. Re tracking/camber etc, that wouldn't be the end of the world as it will get a full 4 wheel alignment after lowering anyway!

Had thought about it but decided it would be a bit OTT really. Just going to remove the front uppers to get the legs out and inspect the rest in situ. Re tracking/camber etc' date=' that wouldn't be the end of the world as it will get a full 4 wheel alignment after lowering anyway![/quote']

Well if your doing it after lowering then i'd take them off or at least undo all the eccentric adjusters and make sure the adjusters rotate. these are all on the lower arms front and rear so make sure their not seized which is quite a common problem.

I'd also grease them up while your at it

I had to cut one of my lower front wishbones off as the adjuster was seized beyond

belief, i've replaced all mine now

DSCF0654.JPG

Edited by Dnk (see edit history)