The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Brazil's Restoration - 2000 TT6 VVTI BPU+

Brazil

Fellow members, I've started this tread to update you guys of my recent restoration project of my 2000 Supra RZ-S VVTI - TT6 BPU+ . :D

Bellow is the list of work that has started; I've also listed other things that i will be having done on the 2nd stage of the restoration 'expected in March'.

FYI: The photos of the roof is taken to show the repair done caused from the Top Secret Bonnet flying up when I forgottent o lock it down 'woops' it cracked the bonnet windshield and dented the roof. My friend that took the photos told me that he was astonished how well a job they did on the roof! He said that he could not tell it was ever dented! The dent in the front wing happend while it was parked outside one of my gf's house :(

1st Stage: Current work being done

1) Full Re-spray in Toyota 202 – Black

2) New Top Secret Carbon Fiber Bonnet – Leaving the blades in Carbon painting the rest in black

3) De-bagging filling in antenna hole

4) Painting my Endless Brakes - Red anodized paint

5) Tinted windows

6) Refurbishing my Volk 19'' Wheels - Gun metal grey spokes + polished lips

7) Toyo 295-30-19'' Rear Tyres

8) Cobra Misano Lux Seats – black leather outers+ black Alcantara centres - Carbon fiber backs

Stage 2: To be completed in March

1) Complete Interior re-trim: Black Alcantara leather with French double stitching 'black'

2) Ice: 12'' Sub hidden in spare wheel compartment and Harmon Kardon Components

3) Suspension over hall: New Coilovers 'Not sure which ones maybe Nitron' + new front and rear suspension arms.

Now for the photos:

Edited by Brazil (see edit history)

If you upload the pictures to this site rather than Photobucket we can move this into the projects section if you like :)

The reason for that is to stop the pics getting deleted by Photobucket, which means the archive is there forever.

Can I do it at the end of the restoration? Till then I think its nice to have the larger images displayed.

Can I do it at the end of the restoration? Till then I think its nice to have the larger images displayed.

You can still display larger images by uploading them on here, but you can do it whenever you want. It would be nice to have something a bit more 'stock' in the projects section. I'd hope it would encourage others to start doing it :)

• 2 weeks later...

My painter has e-mailed me 1 photo what a teaser...! Either way I am pleased that it is looking like it will be ready for when I get back..! I am going to ask a friend to pass by and take some more photos; I can't wait to see the contrast of the new black and the big Endless red brake callibers..! :-)

Looking very good, painting over the boot decals aint a good idea though

I know and wasn't expecting him to do that either..! The boot decals are made of rubber I am thinking that it wouldn't be too hard to crack when washing it or jet washing it..! What would he need to do correct this the way it is?

• 2 months later...

Little update:

I picked up the car from the body shop and managed to crash into a curb on the first day:( Since then I sent the wheel to be refurbished but it was beyond repair so while I wait to source a new wheel I've decided to get stuck in the following:

1- Install my Greddy 2'' FMIC

2- Fix a few eletronic issues like my police strobe monted in the head lights, cigarette lighter, interior bulbs etc.

3- I've ordered Polypro complete bushing kit from Pauls Whiffen group buy so I will need to pull out all these suspension arms & rods out next.

4- I am also going to replace my Tein SS to Tein Monoflex with EDFC.

5- Anything that I can take off from under the car including the suspension parts I am going to get it painted.

A few new images:

The weather is really nice too so got to get busy so I can get a surf in last afternoon before getting ready to for fiesta..!

• 5 weeks later...

Unfortunately on the first day that I picked up the car I had a little accident and hit a curb at speed which meant the car has been off the road while I source a new wheel. The only photos I have of the car after it was painted is the one below which was taken from my phone. I have since sourced a wheel and soon plan to have my suspension revised with new coilovers and polyflex bushings.

must of been a bad knock if you need a whole new wheel mate

I had it refurbished but when I put it back on the car it leaked air from the lips from tiny cracks, plus when i turn the wheel all the air would leak out rapidly so I decided to just replace it instead of trying to trouble shooting where exactly it was causing leaking air from.

• 2 months later...

Its been a long time since I've updated this thread, but here it goes.

Yesterday I got the car back after having my Tein SS Coilover replaced by Meister R's, I also had all my bushings replaced with polypro bushings and what a difference has all this made...! The car feels like a go kart now; I can't feel any body roll when tested repeatedly going around a roundabout now.

Greddy FMIC Fitted.

Front bumper lower lip spoiler removed because car is too low now and it would scrape everywhere.

My new Cobra Misano Seats - Lux

Looks nice, you replacing the front splitter back on?

I am going to leave it off for now; The way it is now has really grown on me and it is a lot easier to get over speed bumps etc...!

Next will be a full balck Alcantara Re-trim with red french double stiching...! :-)