The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Banzai- ferrari grigio alloy painted MR2

Rob_Mitchell

Just bought couple of copys of the new banzai, nice feature on Michael Ing's MR2 which we done the bodywork/repaint on, lovely write up for the company too. Really is a nice car too. Michael also runs the kent car club which i belong too, nice bloke.

Cant get the scanner working, can someone scan the pages for me?

Really happy to get a mention, people like Ryan G obviously gets mentioned all the time but this is my first time on a 6 page feature, and the pics look great..... Just need my own car featured now

That car is a work of shiney art.

I will copy some pics over from the kent car owners club

Top Gear

This a nice little article in February's addition of Banzai Magazine.

The part I liked most about the article is that it mentioned the people that had contributed to the project.

Sadly quite often the owners of projects end up taking the full credit, so a big thank you from me to everyone involved. :clap: :clap:

Michael

Edited by The Raven (see edit history)

Looks a very nice car Rob!

Love the Work VS XX wheels! What engine does the car have though (V4!?!)!?

V6

Didn't relise you has worked on it! One of, if not the cleanest mr2 in uk!

Yeah mate we did all the bodywork on it. Inside is mint too. i have to agree mate, not many around like this but michael is a perfectionist.

nice write up for 2bartuning and us in the feature.

Edited by Rob_Mitchell (see edit history)

Got a lovely TRD supercharger ready to go on :cool:

Ah the belt driven blow torch, or the centrifugal derived one? I've had the TRD S/C on my old V6 (pre turbo) and it wasn't much to write home about, especially versus the cost. However, the centrifugal ones are more promising. Problem is that the 1MZ is quite fragile with regards to knock.

Yep, they're ok to about 4psi, then they start to get hot. After 7psi, they're blow-torches.

That's the one I had on my old (first) V6 conversion. They're good for about 250bhp on a stocker at 4psi. With manifolds and map, then maybe 280bhp.

IIRC Paul Woods, of Woodsport, was developing a Scion S/C which was centrifugal, rather than roots, and much more efficient.