The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Where can I get an alignment tool for a twin plate?

Scott

As above, I've just received my new clutch and reading the instructions an alignment tool is pretty much a necessity with carbon discs. Is it a Manual Supra specific alignment tool I need or an RPS one? Any pointers on where to look for one would be great :)

Yep.... when i installed my Exedy twin i used the Alignment tool and everything went fine until i tried to put the gearbox on....... no way :D

I guess with a single plate it's ok with the alignment tool but with twins it's another story ^^

What type of pilot bearing pull did you use? I see there are a couple of different styles available.

I used the pilot bearing puller from Toyota it works a treat but the cost for them is about £60 to buy. When are thinking of changing your clutch?

Not sure, I'm looking to get the car moving on it's own and then I'll pull the clutch.

I used the "oldskool" stuff wet paper in and hammer method. Worked a treat :D

I can't quite visualise this, how do you go about this method?

Someone posted a video of this quite a while ago. You take paper kitchen towels or toilet paper make it proper wet and then press most of the water out. Then you tear it to bits and stick it through the hole of the pilot bearing when it's stuffed you get any tool that fits snug through the hole and that you can hammer. Then you give it some whacks until the paper is compressed. The whole process is then repeated until the bearing is out. It takes a while and is a little bit messy but works like a charm :)

Someone posted a video of this quite a while ago. You take paper kitchen towels or toilet paper make it proper wet and then press most of the water out. Then you tear it to bits and stick it through the hole of the pilot bearing when it's stuffed you get any tool that fits snug through the hole and that you can hammer. Then you give it some whacks until the paper is compressed. The whole process is then repeated until the bearing is out. It takes a while and is a little bit messy but works like a charm :)

Ahh, hahahah. That's actually quite clever. So you are basically pushing the paper behind the bearing, hitting it with a hammer keeps pushing more and more behind it till it's compressed and then eventually it will pop out with the pressure of the paper?

I like it :D