The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Scuttle pannel replacement

The-Plethora

Are there currently any options for replacing a scuttle pannel? The last time I spoke to the daft woman who works at Toyota in patchway in Bristol she told me that you could only buy the original with other bits attached and it would be about £250!

I remember an old post by blueangel (since banned it seems) http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?220413-carbon-lovers-check-this-out but this carbon replacement didnt ever come to anything.

Mine is starting to look a bit ratty now, is anyone out there aware of any aftermarket replacements for this? ebay shows one link for a tatty old one. Or if there is a way of getting just the scuttle without having the other bits (whatever they are) along with it.

Got my last scuttle from you Keron when I had my bonnet incident, all good but these are getting old cars now and no amount of back to black seems to do the trick ;). It's a tricky part to paint it seems Dnk and it has the rubber edging strip on it and these seem to be in quite poor condiition on 2nd hand parts. Any idea where you got the cardon one Keron? let me know if something comes in. It's a tricky part to make but something fibreglass must be possible.

Be a nice sideline for you Mr Whiffin if you are reading ;)

I'm sure you can get the carbon ones on eBay I think they come from the U.S not sure what the fitment is like or the price but be worth a search. Or you could try Steve Manley at Toyota Oxford he gives a 10% discount on supra parts to forum members and knows his stuff. Give him a bell on 01865 291300 and ask for him it might be a little cheaper

If I remember right the carbon ones do not have any ventilation in them like the OEM unit, this may have a negative effect on the air to the heater matrix etc. It was mentioned in the original thread. They doo look great tho!

My other concern would be the laquer going off colour and fading in 6 months, i've

suffered this already on c/f parts so think i'll look into painting mine or just buy

a new o/e one.

I'm sure you can get the carbon ones on eBay I think they come from the U.S not sure what the fitment is like or the price but be worth a search. Or you could try Steve Manley at Toyota Oxford he gives a 10% discount on supra parts to forum members and knows his stuff. Give him a bell on 01865 291300 and ask for him it might be a little cheaper

IIAC the wiper sweep is the other way on LHD so one from the USA would be a problem would it not?