The mkiv Supra Owners Club

What is high milage?

bambisdad

179,000 miles is actually about right for the age, any uk Supra under 140k miles should really be considered low mileage now.

If it comes with loads of receipts and service history, and drives straight, it could well be a better buy than a low mileage one.

UK average is around 12,000 miles a year so 16 year old car should be hitting around 192,000 average uk household, i reckon 179,000 is about on the money. I would be looking for Service history and alot of it though

IMO that 12,000 mile rule is meaningless now. It was 12,000 miles over 10 years ago, but I'd say it's much higher now given the Increase of cars on the road and the increase in company vechichles, which would bring the average right up.

Work on condition and history of the car. Is there smoke on start up and how well has it been looked after by it's current and previous owners.

Buying a car is always a gamble, it just the level of education in the guess.

H.

I'd go with this advice too, it can be a gamble so you would to take a educated guess.

My old supra had close to 90k on the clock and felt just as tight as my current one which has just over 20k on the clock.

179k isn't high as long as it has been looked after and serviced by someone who knows what there doing. Paperwork is key when buying these sorts of cars no matter how many miles are the clock. Just make sure you give it a good going over and if you can get on a ramp that would be even better