The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Dude and Vortex Boys 'Big up yourself'...

Matt B

To Dude and all the boys at Vortex,

Just wanted to say "WOW "and "Thanks ". Finally got my car back last night after all my trouble and strife and I am so pleased with it.:D :D :D

As some of you may know I had lot's of trouble with my car not least of which was the turbo's giving up the ghost on me.:(

But that's all behind me now as I now have a very sexy looking single under my hood...:p After my turbo's going Dude and Terry were very supportive :thumbs: and sorted me out as quickly as possible (Money Permitting) :) Now Matty Harwood is sorting the Electrics and bits for me.:D

So I'm now running a Boostlogic T61 with 650's and an S-AFC along with other goodies and the power difference feel's immense. I now really can say that I have no regrets and although reliability is yet to be proved I think my turbo's going was a blessing in disguise.:thumbs:

If you're thinking of going single you really should not worry about lag etc as I find the power now much smother and the noise... Well I just can't get enough of it. As for Lag I don't think it has anymore than standard and I would say less than a UK (Well the one's I have driven anyway)

Anyway I'll stop going on now and just say thank you so much to all who have helped me get my car back on the road and specifically Dude for sorting all the shit with the MOT out for me.

Cheers...:cool:

Matt the car is set very rich until it gets to the dyno allthough Matt the Mole is gonna try and trim it a bit , this is costing you LOTS of HP !!!!!, i think old Moley picked up around 60 hp within an hour of being on the dyno , couple that with the fact you will be able to safely run higher boost when its mapped and its quite feasable to say you aint seen nothin yet !!!:D

Dude:flame Dev

Originally posted by dude

Matt the car is set very rich until it gets to the dyno allthough Matt the Mole is gonna try and trim it a bit , this is costing you LOTS of HP !!!!!, i think old Moley picked up around 60 hp within an hour of being on the dyno , couple that with the fact you will be able to safely run higher boost when its mapped and its quite feasable to say you aint seen nothin yet !!!:D

Dude,

You do realise that you may have cost me my bird...;)

First it was the money and now I took her for spin last night and she was well scared, she reckon's it's way to quick....:sly:

Reckon's it feels unsafe...:p Maybe it's just my driving...:D

Still at least I've got my Soop back...:thumbs:

Originally posted by Matt B

Dude,

You do realise that you may have cost me my bird...;)

First it was the money and now I took her for spin last night and she was well scared, she reckon's it's way to quick....:sly:

Reckon's it feels unsafe...:p Maybe it's just my driving...:D

Still at least I've got my Soop back...:thumbs:

Send her down to me Matty boy , i'll stick some C16 in and crank the boost up to Max , then she'll think your car is sensible !!!!!:D

God damn it why!!!!

Can't everyone stop going on about singles!!!!!

Now I'm gonna have to get one!!!!!

BASTARDS!!!!!

hmmmmmm....... money might be a problem though.

Also Zoe won't be too pleased when I tell her (actually she will - but not when I say it's gonna postpone moving out for another 5 years!!!).

This one's tricky.

Originally posted by Homer

Matt, hope you don’t mind me asking but how much did end up costing? I mean all in: turbo kit + injectors, safc, 'other bits & bobs', then fitting, setup, etc, etc.. ??

I hope it cost a fortune so I’m not tempted any more!!! :p

£3.50 !!!!! Sign the dotted line dude and sell your soul to the Devil and Vortex !!!;)

Just do your self a favour, don't get in anyones car who has one. I reckon that after a go in one you'd be hooked.;)

nice one another one to the collection. i seen your car when i was down at johns other week. now you can get to work on some bling bits. you can get out on a sunday pop bonnet and polish your housing.

now you can go racing bikes and shock a few of them. will you have it sorted for the big jap day? 10th october

:)

Hi Matt,

I'm chuffed for you mate. It's about time you had something positve happen with the car after all the problems you've had this year.

you may have cost me my bird...

The girl that was with you at TOTB? I hope not mate, she's a real babe. :thumbs:

Just do your self a favour, don't get in anyones car who has one.

Or follow one! I don't know what your's sounds like but I followed Matt Harwood's car for 100+ miles down the A1 and the sound was awesome! I don't know how to describe it really..... the nearest thing I can think of is a jet fighter. When he nails the throttle it just makes an incredible screaming whooshing sound - it's fantastic!

Originally posted by MONKEYmark

Now you can get to work on some bling bits. you can get out on a sunday pop bonnet and polish your housing.

now you can go racing bikes and shock a few of them. will you have it sorted for the big jap day? 10th october :)

I hope it's all sorted by then. Matt is trying to get me an appointment at the RR asap. :D

As for the bling, well I love to get some bit's polished but I'm well out of money at the mo...:(

still I don't regret it...

:)

Originally posted by Jake

Hi Matt,

I'm chuffed for you mate. It's about time you had something positve happen with the car after all the problems you've had this year.

The girl that was with you at TOTB? I hope not mate, she's a real babe. :thumbs:

Thanks Jake.:) I'll let her know...:D