The mkiv Supra Owners Club

New paint job

Guest SilverSup

Guest SilverSup

Looking at giving the Supe a lick of paint and drag it up to date a little in the process. I've Just sketched out a scheme in photoshop.

I wanted to see what the general opinion was of the scheme i had in mind (although i know colours and design are quite personal).

I really wanted to stick with a "stock-ish" look, just update it somewhat. Pic below.

SupraMod1FIN.jpg

Guest SilverSup

yeah sorry about that. The main body colour i'm planning on is Metallic Gunmetal Grey. That's the closest i could get it to look with my limited skills.

That's the kind of image i was after really. Sort of "factory tuned" look.

My car is gunmetal grey, but for me, it's too light. Go for a much darker shade like the lamborghini grey. I think your idea could look great, but I think it will have to be one of those "wait and see things."

But apart from re-spraying the wing-mirrors and taking off a decal it wouldn't be much work to change it back to the gunmetal colour.

Consider this shade for your car aswell. I'd love to have the balls to paint my car this colour, it's like a GT3RS shade of grey, and with the look you're going for it could be stunning.

Either way, good on you for trying something different :thumbs:

http://mkivsupra.net/vbb/attachment.php?attachmentid=144699&stc=1&d=1327023525

photogt3.jpg

Guest SilverSup

hmm... interesting. Not too keen on the gloss porsche grey, but the lambo grey could work quite well. Infact, something similar to the Lambo Murcielago SV would do nicely (slightly darker):

and thanks for the :thumbs:

lambo SV.jpg

The SV idea is nice. A grey similar to this one would be absolutely perfect! (I dont know exactly what colour it is though)

http://mkivsupra.net/vbb/attachment.php?attachmentid=144701&stc=1&d=1327024911

Also, if you're going with the bold colour touches on wing mirrors etc, just make it's tasteful, don't go overboard and make sure its easy enough to change it back in case you don't like it.

Spraying cars is an expensive job, so make sure it's not something that's irreversible. Apart from that I look forward to seeing the finished product :hi:

dark grey.JPG

Edited by nige-rz (see edit history)

I'd go for a grey darker than the stock gunmetal also...Lambo Grigio Avalon is a fantastic looking colour!:cool:

Personally I wouldn't be putting decals on it if that first pic is the route you decide to take...the wheels and mirrors are making enough of a statement.

My car is gunmetal grey, but for me, it's too light. Go for a much darker shade like the lamborghini grey. I think your idea could look great, but I think it will have to be one of those "wait and see things."

But apart from re-spraying the wing-mirrors and taking off a decal it wouldn't be much work to change it back to the gunmetal colour.

Consider this shade for your car aswell. I'd love to have the balls to paint my car this colour, it's like a GT3RS shade of grey, and with the look you're going for it could be stunning.

Either way, good on you for trying something different :thumbs:

http://mkivsupra.net/vbb/attachment.php?attachmentid=144699&stc=1&d=1327023525

Stunning car ^^

Stunning car ^^

It really is a lovely car. Mine badly needs a respray, I'm just trying to convince myself that going for something like this wouldn't be a bad idea, and I wouldnt get sick of it.

This colour is lovely. :thumbs:

Really nice shade of grey. He's a member on Supraforums, I've his name written down somewhere. I might pop up there and see if I can find out what shade it is exactly.

Looking at giving the Supe a lick of paint and drag it up to date a little in the process. I've Just sketched out a scheme in photoshop.

I wanted to see what the general opinion was of the scheme i had in mind (although i know colours and design are quite personal).

I really wanted to stick with a "stock-ish" look, just update it somewhat. Pic below.

I don't know why but a really like that. For some reason it works for me. Would be interesting to see the finished product

Guest SilverSup

thanks for the feedback guys. It's good for me to bounce a few ideas around and see what other interesting ideas come about.

The finished product might not be around for a good number of weeks yet, i've got to get the money together first. I've been quoted around £2000 for the entire job (including refurbing alloys with diamond cutter and powder coating). Certainly not cheap, but it'll definitely be different.

As for making any bold statements on the car, the decals will be removable (being stickers) and the wing mirrors i could re-spray myself. It wouldn't cost me much to take it to "just grey". I only try to do "subtle and tasteful". I'm not one for going all out "fast and furious" on cars, like the Veilside kits just aren't my cup of tea, although i admit they do suit supras quite well (i just wouldn't fit one).

Edited by SilverSup (see edit history)

Who is doing the work Mr Silversupe?

I would go far a darker gunmetal colour. BMW and Audi do some lovely rich dark greys/gunmetal. Not sure about the gold and certainly not on the mirrors. Keep it classy. There are pics of mine with chrome wheels in my garage.

H.

Guest SilverSup
Who is doing the work Mr Silversupe?

I would go far a darker gunmetal colour. BMW and Audi do some lovely rich dark greys/gunmetal. Not sure about the gold and certainly not on the mirrors. Keep it classy. There are pics of mine with chrome wheels in my garage.

H.

Noooo not gold. They're going orange (just an average gloss orange). Hell, i'd never even think of putting gold on a car :no:

The place i plan on taking it to is NeelTec in Blackpool. They've got a good gallery on their website and i've had a phone call and a few emails with the lad there. He's told me that the wheels would be worth fully refurbing with a diamond cutter as opposed to just sanding them back and re-spraying them. He sounds a decent enough lad.

His website is here: http://www.neeltec.co.uk/index2.html

Noooo not gold. They're going orange (just an average gloss orange). Hell, i'd never even think of putting gold on a car :no:

The place i plan on taking it to is NeelTec in Blackpool. They've got a good gallery on their website and i've had a phone call and a few emails with the lad there. He's told me that the wheels would be worth fully refurbing with a diamond cutter as opposed to just sanding them back and re-spraying them. He sounds a decent enough lad.

His website is here: http://www.neeltec.co.uk/index2.html

You need to work on your photoshop skills as they look gold to me..!!

H.

Guest SilverSup
Lamborghini Grigio Avlon or the stock gunmetal.

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/attachment.php?attachmentid=59637&d=1182757388

that looks awesome :wow: pretty much what i'm after. either that or the Lamborghini Reventon "stealth" grey (don't know the exact name of it).

and yes, i realise my photoshop skills aren't up to scratch. I've never been shown how to use it properly, i'm self-taught.