The mkiv Supra Owners Club

22 whp gain for NA owners, hmmmmmm

Neil-NA

rwhp im guessing, what do they make at the rear wheels over here stock?

Yeah, I still thought it would be more than 150 though. What is the going loss rate? Call it 20% for arguments sake? 80% of 220 is 176.

I know it's going to be rare to find one with all it's poneys but I would say 220 is normally achievable over here with the usual suspect mods.

I think I got 140 at the wheels on a slightly overfuelling engine.

That sounds a bit low if the normal %age drops are to be believed. Maybe there is more to the FWHP vs RWHP debate than we know of.

I think this is similar to my spec. I've got the mine's ECU instead of a piggyback.

Open K&N will do the opposite of increasing HP due to the hot air being soaked in - and these supra engine bays are getting really hot in my opinion.

I would'd really expect 20+whp without xerd/mvp headers.

(My xerd is already laying here for some time now just waitin for spring - then it'll be fitted.)

regards, Herbert

Mine made 200 rwhp according to my dyno graph unless the correction was completely wrong.

I would say it was a bit high, think we've spoken about it already, but it's more akin to what I would expect to see. I'm sure one of the members on here got around 180rwhp after a few mods and was hell bent on hitting 200hp as an N/A, it might even have been DaveP.

I would say it was a bit high, think we've spoken about it already, but it's more akin to what I would expect to see. I'm sure one of the members on here got around 180rwhp after a few mods and was hell bent on hitting 200hp as an N/A, it might even have been DaveP.

Yup we did. I'd probably of said it was around 180 at the wheels but for minimal mods, decat and 3" cat back, it made good numbers.

Yup we did. I'd probably of said it was around 180 at the wheels but for minimal mods, decat and 3" cat back, it made good numbers.

I'm not convinced, I think tdis numbers for our cars was fairly spot on, reason being the 1/4 mile mph of my car for the weight, now I know its not accurate but most of the calculating sites say that with my power and weight I should be doing 97-99 mph, which suggests I have a true 230 fwhp NA. Yours obviously has the stronger engine or I wouldn't be going to the hassle of buying it off you.

Scott I know you disagree with the above as it has been talked about before, but for arguments sake until it goes to the hub dyno and weigh bridge let's assume its right.

When I had mine first dyno run, it pushed 219bhp with 168whp. Which I thought was pretty good for an old engine. Clearly if 200whp has been hit on an NA than that was rubbish :( I'm only pushing 310whp with a turbo!! Geez, maybe I should buy your engine Neil :p

When I had mine first dyno run, it pushed 219bhp with 168whp. Which I thought was pretty good for an old engine. Clearly if 200whp has been hit on an NA than that was rubbish :( I'm only pushing 310whp with a turbo!! Geez, maybe I should buy your engine Neil :p

It may well be very wrong but check post 4 on this thread - http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?242628-Northwest-dyno-day-picture-and-video-thread&highlight=north

I also made 232.6 fwhp and the car roughly weighs 1300-1350kgs suggesting the 97.47 i did on the 1/4 is right.

As said i will wait till its been on the hub dyno soon to confirm the results, but it means nothing as it will have had a new engine etc.

It may well be very wrong but check post 4 on this thread - http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?242628-Northwest-dyno-day-picture-and-video-thread&highlight=north

I also made 232.6 fwhp and the car roughly weighs 1300-1350kgs suggesting the 97.47 i did on the 1/4 is right.

As said i will wait till its been on the hub dyno soon to confirm the results, but it means nothing as it will have had a new engine etc.

232.6fwhp = 186rwhp.

I have no issue with believing around the 180rwhp mark from an N/A. The readings do sound a little bit high but +/-10hp isn't a lot to argue over. 1 dyno will see you over 200rwhp, another will see you with 180rwhp. Anywhere inside those figures is fantastic IMO, already spoke to Martin about this, both were very healthy :)