The mkiv Supra Owners Club

uk bonnets

barneybrendan

UK spec bonnet with complete air scoop is £1200 inc vat

Bare UK bonnet without the scoop is £1065 inc vat

What about a jspec bonnet?

Things don't go for anywhere near their OEM value on here. It seems that as you have a UK spec you want to value it a lot more highly than people who just want to buy and sell the parts. I guess it's really Keron and other breakers who set the benchmark on what these things are worth.

As a side note the scoop and all the trimmings can be had for £180 so I guess that sort of explains the value. Why would someone want to spend more money on an unknown UK bonnet when they can spend £180 on all the kit, plus a little extra for paint, and have it done with their own 'known' bonnet.

I looked around for ages for a UK spec bonnet before getting a scoop. The ones on offer were as low as £120 (needing work) and I was offered one for £180 which was pretty good but posting wasn't an option. In the end I bought a Jspec bonnet for £80 posted, the scoop kit for £130 and I was getting a re-spray done on my car anyway.

Jspec bonnet - £80 ish

UK Spec bonnet - £180 ish.

Seems about right to me :search:

What about a jspec bonnet?

Things don't go for anywhere near their OEM value on here. It seems that as you have a UK spec you want to value it a lot more highly than people who just want to buy and sell the parts. I guess it's really Keron and other breakers who set the benchmark on what these things are worth.

As a side note the scoop and all the trimmings can be had for £180 so I guess that sort of explains the value. Why would someone want to spend more money on an unknown UK bonnet when they can spend £180 on all the kit, plus a little extra for paint, and have it done with their own 'known' bonnet.

I looked around for ages for a UK spec bonnet before getting a scoop. The ones on offer were as low as £120 (needing work) and I was offered one for £180 which was pretty good but posting wasn't an option. In the end I bought a Jspec bonnet for £80 posted, the scoop kit for £130 and I was getting a re-spray done on my car anyway.

Jspec bonnet - £80 ish

UK Spec bonnet - £180 ish.

Seems about right to me :search:

I'd agree with that, also isn't the UK bonnet a lot heavier?

I am tempted to put on a scoop, though most likely just buy the unit like you did Scott.

I'd agree with that, also isn't the UK bonnet a lot heavier?

I am tempted to put on a scoop, though most likely just buy the unit like you did Scott.

If you decide to go for it give me a shout. I'll let you know what parts not to bother with. The whole kit is over £180 but you really only need a few parts if it's just for the look. If you want it fully integrated it will cost a fortune as you need the snorkel and the heatshield.

If you decide to go for it give me a shout. I'll let you know what parts not to bother with. The whole kit is over £180 but you really only need a few parts if it's just for the look. If you want it fully integrated it will cost a fortune as you need the snorkel and the heatshield.

Cool, will do - won't be for a few months yet. :)

It seems that as you have a UK spec you want to value it a lot more highly than people who just want to buy and sell the parts.

What has how i value my car got anything to do with parts prices or this thread ?

What i've said in this thread is my opinion, quite simple and the only reason

i posted prices was to show what they are new.

What has how i value my car got anything to do with parts prices or this thread ?

What i've said in this thread is my opinion, quite simple and the only reason

i posted prices was to show what they are new.

You have said people who sell for that rate are bonkers though, and while that is your opinion it's a bit unfair calling someone that for selling something at the going rate.

If you had a spare UK bonnet sitting in the shed and you sold your Supra, would you keep it as opposed to selling it for £200? IMO keeping something for no reason is more akin to being bonkers than selling something for the going rate when it is of absolutely no use to you.

What something costs new has absolutely no bearing on the value of something 2nd hand, in a 2nd hand market when there is a viable cost effective alternative option.

Anyway, what I said was my opinion based on the fact that I very much doubt you would be quoting prices and calling people bonkers if we were discussing a jspec bonnet.

I'm assuming it comes with the hole for the scoop pre-cut :)

From what I understand there are weight differences though so I guess there may be material changes or something.

Ahh, lol, was a stupid question now I come to think of it :)

Although as the bare uk one with a hole in it is £1000+ does anyone want my jspec one complete with no hole for £1100?