The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Not much going on lately

Rob_Mitchell

Seems everything has dried up in the forum, there are a handful of cars going for it in 2012 but i thought this year would be massive. There dont seem to be much happening in the project section and not really much interesting stuff to read.... :search: whats happening??

What i have realised is the supra classifieds has started to fill up more, Geo's was a real shocker :blink: and this is worrying. Need a decent project or build thread to follow but it dont seem there is going to be one.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I had been thinking about it for a while TBH bud, got a few things i want to do first, so cars kinda taken a back burner for now. But i will be back with another car. :D Im guessing end of this year or early next year.

Edit: i've had the car 6 years, thats longer than i've had Girlfriend. :D

It's the time of year.

yeah what? losing the love? or just not much spare cash?

Everyone had big plans for 2012 and i aint really read much about things proving me wrong, granted Ibrar has gone mad with his. Jamie seems to STILL be improving the look of his and some of the na lads are doing a super job under there bonnets but i cant see there being much of a buzz anymore

Everyone had big plans for 2012 and i aint really read much about things proving me wrong, granted Ibrar has gone mad with his. Jamie seems to STILL be improving the look of his and some of the na lads are doing a super job under there bonnets but i cant see there being much of a buzz anymore

I would have updated mine but I have literally only spent 4 hours on it in the last 2+ months (and that was yesterday). I didn't really have much to update as it was all wire tuck stuff which means nothing in a picture :)

Not that mine is a big build, but it is a project that's currently ongoing.

Every now and then a thread like this pops up. 'This forum is going downhill' etc.

The Supra is still one of the best value cars out there in terms of bang-for-buck hoonage. Don't fret, things will pick up.

Yeah im just frustrated as i would rather be reading a decent thread/project, than spooning the missus whilst watching bridget jones

Don't worry Rob, I will update my project later, not had time to do much though. How's yours coming along?

Getting ready for a flaming session here but IMO most people are only interested in the big HP builds, which takes an aweful lot of money, something that seems to be lacking for the majority of us.

I would love to see the projects section opend up to anyone and made more easily accessible to do so.

Getting ready for a flaming session here but IMO most people are only interested in the big HP builds, which takes an aweful lot of money, something that seems to be lacking for the majority of us.

I would love to see the projects section opend up to anyone and made more easily accessible to do so.

To be honest I have to agree, I still think they should be mod aproved but I think the section should be a little more relaxed, but im only saying that as i got reject from having my little NA put into the section, :p Im not bitter.... Damn the mods! where is my moderator voodoo doll? : )

To many rules in the project section, i dont even get in there these days :(

Don't worry Rob, I will update my project later, not had time to do much though. How's yours coming along?

I think its another reason for this thread mate, i miss it loads. need to plate something. Lee is doing a good job, he has alot on his plate and is a busy man. Looking forward to the update Ibrar, im sure you have done somthing which i can copy for mine

I'm not sure about the UK but the car scene here is on it's knees , supra ownership is very small at the moment , lads with their cars on the road is minimal at best , a few years ago I must have known 30 plus owners , now I'd say about 3 things have regressed that much . The supra needs big pockets for big projects , hard to run them now never mind put in massive money for modifying :(

I said the same thing ages ago. For the most part the reason that threads don't get put in the projects section is because noone asks. I started my project thread ages ago and just thought it wasn't worthy of being a project thread. I raised the question about why it's only single installs that get the bump only to be asked if I had requested a move or not lol.

The trouble with opening up the section to everyone would mean more moderating work as you can imagine the sort of dross that would end up started in there. Although, having it members only would cut back the amount of clutter. There would be loads of people not following the rules of project threads though.... tell you what... I'll offer to moderate it with my big stick:D

I think more people are interested in reading about a single build BUT i had a lovely NA engine bay and some of the work people are doing with NA-T is very interesting as i nearly went that route... plus its not a huge outlay of money and seems to be becoming popular.

Not everyone has money available to do builds but i have never read a thread where say a big single owner has ripped into a na owners build, everyone is always interested in whats going on, i couldnt fund my build if i was not doing polishing or if i had a house lol