The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Hello

Guest shell360

Guest shell360

Hi, guyz

new to this site just wanted to say hello to everyone,would like to get to know few people and hear about there supra tt.

thanks

Guest shell360

hi im 28 years old from london bt currently liveing in south wales....i do have a Gz tt unfortunatly insurance is a big problem don't drive till i sort insurance. had the car for few months now looking around for good deals.

Guest shell360

Hi scott

i had numerous quotes bt having no,no claims bonus's i had quotes from £2800 to £6750.hopefully getting older brother as the first driver should make a massive difference....tryed sky insurance no quotes

:yeahthat:

Hi and welcome to the club!

In terms of insurance try Need To Insure, I'm 22 with an Jspec TT and they were very good on price, obviously is does depend on NCB, points, accidents and postcode amongst other things. As Scott said there many insurance threads and they helped me when I got mine :thumbs:

Hi and welcome! :)

If you ask me, insurance is one of the biggest scams going, so sod them. How can you quantify use in the event of a claim? If you're both named drivers, the premium will reflect the driver with the highest risk anyway. It's only fraud if he's the only named driver and you drive it.

That's not correct. It's known as 'fronting', and it's illegal.

It's also almost null and void nowadays due to insurance companies adjusting the premiums to suit as it has become such a common practice. When I had just passed my test I thought about doing it, and believe me at that time it was REALLY worthwhile (1/3rd of the cost), but decided I wanted the no claims. Nowadays it's the difference between paying £1900 and £1700, it's just not worth it IMO.

It's also almost null and void nowadays due to insurance companies adjusting the premiums to suit as it has become such a common practice.

Precisely. Premiums have little to do with an individual's actual claims history. The good drivers are paying for the bad; just not quite as much. The worst don't have to pay atall. They just don't bother with insurance and take their chances. Even career criminals get a warning and a ban. Like that will make any difference.

I for one have a very strong financial incentive at the moment to crash my car up a tree and claim the market value but I'm too honest and would never do such a thing. I can see, however, that many other less scrupulous people would do this if they needed the money more than the car. It happens all the time and is another reason why premiums are so high. All these dodgy whiplash claims are probably drivers totalling their own vehicles up trees! :D