The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Any Recommendations for new wheels budget £1500

Supra N_A

If I had a budget of £1500 for wheels I would genuinely stick my money in the bank and wait till I had £2500 to buy TE37s Super Laps.

The ones available at the moment, if mint, are a great buy. I would seriously consider them if it's what you are after.

They are cheaper than the rotas and the rotas are just fake copies of them.

cheers for the input hmmm I kno what you mean I mostly buy the real deal like for my cars lol! dont get me wrong rotas are nice wheels and ive always had them for previous cars so...

there is not much for sale tbh thow the jap wheels

The TE37s for sale at the moment are a good shout.

Nice car you have, needs quality wheels, avoid cast wheels such as rota, dude has a nice set of quality forged SSR wheels going for a very good price.

Also Lee P might be worth a pm. his wheels are stunning and i know he is breaking the car up.

I will vouch for SSR, have them on my car.. Quality wheel..

they look pretty sweet just the chrome looks like its failing also if they were black would be bought straight away!

hmm.

the more i look at them actually the sweeter they get! think they are a mint fit for the supra?

Edited by Supra N_A (see edit history)

The size is very much like stock, a bit more agressive on the front and slightly more agressive on the rear. For the money they are a good buy IMO. Could easily be spaced out if you wanted them further out, wouldn't take much.

what size alloys and tryes do you think suit the supra the best as i aint got a clue! ??

what size alloys and tryes do you think suit the supra the best as i aint got a clue! ??

That's all completely down to preference. If you want a good sized/fitting alloy that won't rub or require any arch modification then i would probably go with around 10" wide rears on a +35 and 9" fronts on a +40.

You can easily adjust the offset to the width, for every 1/2" difference in wheel width just add or subtract 5mm from the offset for it to remain the same... ie..

10" +35

9.5" +30

The above are very similar with regards to how far out they will sit. I think there is about 1mm difference or so.

Edited by Scott (see edit history)

scott using the above formulae what would an et 12 9.5 wheel stick out by with a stocker arch?

On the rear they'd stick out past the stock wheel arch by around 15mm, on the front they stick out around 25mm, you'd definitely need wheel arch extensions.

I could be tempted to sell you my Braid 18's, they were re-furb'd by Ibrar last year so are in great condition and come with a Gloss black lip and Matt Black centre and all the stainless nuts were also fully replaced. They come wrapped in Bridgestone reo50a's and Dunlop Sp9000's:

18x9 = 245/40/18 Dunlop Sp9000

18x10 = 275/35/18 Bridgestone reo50a

From memory.

let me know if you would like pics.