The mkiv Supra Owners Club

the most expnsive / hard to get hold of supra mod / repair (please put prices)

Guest rwd

Was going through my supra manuals today and had a flash...............what do you guys think is the most expensive / rare (and the cheapest) modification and repair for a supra mkiv? Obviously, this doesnt include crash damage repairs as that could be anything!

Here's what I think.........

Most expensive repair......Engine overhaul

Most expensive mod..........any genuine bodykit or a good turbo

Most rare thing to get hold of.........oem con light / heated windscreen

cheapest repair............servicing

cheapest mod.............trd radiator cover :p

Edited by rwd (see edit history)

Most expensive repair...... Getrag 6spd box rebuild

Most expensive mod.......... HKS 3.4l stroker kit

Most rare thing to get hold of......... intact old boot lid rubbers ;)

cheapest repair............ Anything free, like putting a hose back on! But if you mean replacement part fix, it'd have to be a new radiator cap. Cheap and the most accessible thing under the bonnet.

cheapest mod............. Window sticker :)

Most expensive repair - V160/161 gearbox repair/replacement.

Most expensive mod - going single.

Cheapest repair - changing a bulb.

Cheapest mod - restrictor ring.

Na/T conversions could be done for about £1k-£1.5k so that doesnt count :p

6 speed gearboxes can be had for around £2k (one went on ebay for £1900 a couple of months back)

Bull, EvinX did his for about £50.

i wasnt referring to photoshopping :p

Most expensive repair: New manual gearbox

Most expensive mod: Titan Race Block

Most rare thing to get hold of: Cruise Control

cheapest repair: New valve caps

cheapest mod: Replace sidelights with LED bulbs.

I raise Ian C and his window stickers with a magictree...bought down the market.

true....a lot of cars came with cruise control!

what about the knee rests?

Na/T conversions could be done for about £1k-£1.5k so that doesnt count :p

6 speed gearboxes can be had for around £2k (one went on ebay for £1900 a couple of months back)

i wasnt referring to photoshopping :p

true....a lot of cars came with cruise control!

what about the knee rests?

Knee rests are common compared to the Roof Rack ;)

there is a reason for that! no one ever wants a roof rack on a supra! it was a dumb factory option to have. on the other hand, a roof rack could be handy for having nos bottles :p

edit: plus.....is it a cheap option or an expensive one? :p

neither was marc, he really ment he resprayed his car for £50. You obviously haven't seen the hamerite respray thread then.

I think alot of us blocked that out.............your bringing it all back.........The cans, the matt finish.............the dog piss!!!!!!!!!!! Flash backs!!!!!!!!!

Most expensive repair...... smoothed and fully painted engine bay

Most expensive mod.......... full retrim and FULL repaint, Going single and having it GOLD PLATED and CHROMED, Syvecs

Most rare thing to get hold of......... Doluck double six wheels, doluck rear tension set ( rare aluminium set), greddy oil cap in chrome, lexan spark plug cover

cheapest repair............service

cheapest mod............. Gold plated dress up kit

Edited by Rob_Mitchell (see edit history)

Complete suspension overhaul must be up there with the most expensive repair that every Supra will need at some point due to wear and tear. Probably not the most expensive one off repair, but it's something that usually needs doing long before the engine or gearbox gives up the ghost.

most rare window wind deflectors (with the clips)

seen a few on here :)

cheapest repair - refilling screen wash with water

thats.....maintenance!

Most expensive repair...... smoothed and fully painted engine bay

Most expensive mod.......... full retrim and FULL repaint, Going single and having it GOLD PLATED and CHROMED, Syvecs

Most rare thing to get hold of......... Doluck double six wheels, doluck rear tension set ( rare aluminium set), greddy oil cap in chrome, lexan spark plug cover

cheapest repair............service

cheapest mod............. Gold plated dress up kit

lexan clear spark plug cover is rare indeed, as are do luck double sixes. Anothing (another+thing :D ) I though of is a strut brace for aerotops thats sits on the floor, in middle of the car, behind the seats!

gold plated dress up kit is cheaper than a twin turbo sticker off ebay? i dont think so :p

seen a few on here :)

thats.....maintenance!

lexan clear spark plug cover is rare indeed, as are do luck double sixes. Anothing (another+thing :D ) I though of is a strut brace for aerotops thats sits on the floor, in middle of the car, behind the seats!

gold plated dress up kit is cheaper than a twin turbo sticker off ebay? i dont think so :p

Decals for the UK calipers, £10 off Ebay.

OMG. :blink: .I wish you started this tread earlier.. lol.. I spun a big-end (on the dyno) and am in process of having my motor rebuild. Will be around £2500 but she’s in good hands. I was lucky to find a member with a crank in a very good condition for £80. It's hurting me a bit considering I only got her (my first supe) in October and had to replace a crank seal.

I’m looking forward to the cheapest repair after this - refilling screen wash with water

OMG. :blink: .I wish you started this tread earlier.. lol.. I spun a big-end (on the dyno) and am in process of having my motor rebuild. Will be around £2500 but she’s in good hands. I was lucky to find a member with a crank in a very good condition for £80. It's hurting me a bit considering I only got her (my first supe) in October and had to replace a crank seal.

I’m looking forward to the cheapest repair after this - refilling screen wash with water

Arh man i feel for you not had the best of luck with the car so far then.