The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Rocker cover leak n/a

Purity14

Yeah I didnt think about that, kinda obvious really.. Ill tighten them up tomorrow and throw some cardboard under the car to see if I get a new patch.. Iirc the gaskets have already been replaced about 50k ago.. So fingers crossed I wont have to work on my car in the cold :D

Brendan,

I have all the gaskets from when I had the car and I was convinced there was a leak. In the end the bolts weren't tight and I never had a problem again.

I have got

11214-46011 x 1

11213-46020 x 1

11273-46010 x 1

11274-46010 x 1

11239-46020 x 1

11229-46020 x 1

11249-46020 x 1

I have a feeling there is one missing. I have a diagram somehwere. I paid around £35 from Toyota, you can have them for a small fee..!!

H.

If there the original seals then they go hard and shrink which is why the bolts go

loose and they leak.

If there the same as tt cam covers then they will have o ring washers on the bolts

which you should also change and i'd pop a new set of plugs in while you stripping

the manifold off

Be very careful tightening the bolts as the covers are prone to cracking if overdone

If there the original seals then they go hard and shrink which is why the bolts go

loose and they leak.

If there the same as tt cam covers then they will have o ring washers on the bolts

which you should also change and i'd pop a new set of plugs in while you stripping

the manifold off

Be very careful tightening the bolts as the covers are prone to cracking if overdone

Thats good to know, is there a recommended torque or is it by ear? I did the plugs last year with iridiums so I'm still good.. :)

Ahhhh okay.. I get it now.. Thanks paul, ill nip them up tomorrow like I said and sure.. If the leak still exists ill certainly pop round with some moneys.. :)

And the diagram would be awesome :)

I have just found the diagram as I wondered if I'd binned it. I am missing a 11249-46020. They are about £3 from Toyota.

You can have these off me if you want mate. I can't use them on the TT as far as I know.

H.

May as well take them and do the job properly :)

How much do you want for them paul?

Ill order the 11249-46020 from toyota, and any chance i can have the diagram too? - ill scan it and upload it too as a reference :)

You can have the diagram. The parts will be FOC to a fine upstanding member of the community like yourself.

The only stipulation is that you post up a thread about me being great and how club spirit is still alive and all that kack..!!

H.

Unfortunatly Harvard, you know I am unable to worship false idols :D

...but ill certainly post up a big thanks when you drop your load into my hands :p

...Are you sure you dont want a bottle of wine or some whiskey or something? I keep getting alcohol every christmas and I dont know what to do with it because I dont drink!!

Perhaps I could come pick them up this weekend if you are free?

Love and Kisses, Brendan x

Unfortunatly Harvard, you know I am unable to worship false idols :D

...but ill certainly post up a big thanks when you drop your load into my hands :p

...Are you sure you dont want a bottle of wine or some whiskey or something? I keep getting alcohol every christmas and I dont know what to do with it because I dont drink!!

Perhaps I could come pick them up this weekend if you are free?

Love and Kisses, Brendan x

Give me a call and check we are in. Most times are convenient..!!

my advice from doing this is, when you get to removing the covers, get a good brake/clutch cleaner and carefully apply to a cloth etc to then thoroughly degrease the head surfaces the seal contacts.....you don't want any/lots getting into the head/cams area so take your time. Look at the blobs of sealant at the front of the covers but the camshaft pulley for a guide to how big your new blob should be!

Also most importantly I checked the bolts a day to two after doing mine and they needed loads more nipping up, I think the rubber settles early on.