The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Removing "wood effect" dash?

JDukesy

Ok so im going to have a go at spraying my dash but wanted to ask if anyone has any suggestions as to how to remove the wood effect stuff on the dash? Has anyone done this? Hope this hasn't been covered to many times before? I searched and didn't come up with much.

Thanks

I know it was a factory option, but tbh not one of the best!:D

I've never seen one mate...is it like a laminate sticker!?

Yeah looks very out of place tbh. Needs to go! Im thinking matte black spray instead. I think its laminate...not sure though...will have to have a proper look in the morning.

A heat gun should lift it off if its a laminate stuff, if it wont come off just paint over it :)

Yeah will give the heat gun a go and see what happens!

• 1 month later...

Bump on this. Have finally got round to ripping this stuff off (heat gun did the trick) but there is a lot of glue left on the dash. Does anyone have any ideas on what to use to get it off? Have tried a few things but nothing is having much effect. May have a go with a little white spirit or something, unless anyone has any better ideas?

Try nail polish remover.

This has been recommended to me for removing the rubber coating on std dash panels and what I had to use on my rear screen after removing the tint film.

Yeah i did actually have a go with that. Remove's the rubber coating fantastically but leaves the glue on :(