The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Is this real carbon fibre ?

Lee_e

Hey guys

Stupid question .. but as im looking to swap my bonnet over in the next few weeks, would like to know if this is real or fake carbon fibre.

I've had the top skin of the bonnet sprayed white to match my car as i didnt like the carbon/black and white combo,It looks real and as in the pictures has a texture on the underside of the bonnet. to me this says its real ??

Its a JUN bonnet, i didnt buy the bonnet, it was already on the car when i bought it 3 years ago.

Any opinion is welcomed :)

1326731509079.jpg

1326731534749.jpg

thats a ud or uni directional carbon weave we use it on race cars at 90-10 teill meaning it has most of its strenth in on direction (90%) and 10% of its strength the other direction...hence the large then small pattern of the weave in the pic.... it may be gelled on top as it might not be clave and pressure cured but just wet layed on but yes it does look to be genuine

The picture isn't that clear but it looks like it could be.

Does it feel light? Compared to stock? Or compare another member.

It's incredibly light.. I can Lift it up with my little finger with no effort.

The pics are not great I know, will try to get better pics tomorrow. If it is carbon fibre .. How much would the bonnet go for ?

Cheers for your feedback so far boys :)

It will be very interesting to see what you can get for it

As far as I am aware, we have the only 2 Carbon Fibre ones in the country, I think I remember another one, but think it was fibreglass

How come you are thinking of selling Jim

I know they are very rare in the uk

Put it up for offers, if someone offer an amount you are happy with you have a sale

If you have minimum you would take, put offers above

Then just see what it's worth to people, it's not the way people like it done on the forum, but it's one of those items that is difficult to put a price on