The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Clutch prices and options

tooquicktostop

Having had an opportunity to look at the stock clutch while the engine is out it is 50% worn, as I am refreshing most serviceable items I will replace the clutch

So do I go OEM or updated, power levels will be BPU but I am future proofing for small single

Also what's the best prices out there and with whom for OEM and updated

It's a tough one really as you want to keep the car driveable while future proofing it for the future build. If it was me I would probably just replace the clutch disc with OEM (about £100) and then when the time comes to going single I would buy the clutch to suit the power goal in mind (as this may change by then).

The OEM clutch is fully rebuildable going by my receipts so all you would need would be the release bearing and the actual disc itself, everything else (as far as I know) should be re-useable.

I have a stage 4 competition puk clutch in mine. I'm BPU and it holds very well had a bit of judder to begone with but that has more or less gone now that it has been run in and the clutch pedel adjusted. Might be a bit over kill for BPU but will hold nicely on a small single.

Only downfull would be that you will need a competition flywheel aswell as it won't run with the OEM flywheel

I have a stage 4 competition puk clutch in mine. I'm BPU and it holds very well had a bit of judder to begone with but that has more or less gone now that it has been run in and the clutch pedel adjusted. Might be a bit over kill for BPU but will hold nicely on a small single.

Only downfull would be that you will need a competition flywheel aswell as it won't run with the OEM flywheel

+1

Chuffed to bits with mine :) very solid feel when changing gear.