The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Supra active spoiler manual override modules

AndrewOW

I'm now producing the Supra active spoiler manual override modules.

This module fits on to the active spoiler ECU plug and switch, with an easy to follow guide, and allows you to have full control over the positioning of the front spoiler on the fly.

I've had quite a lot of interest, I thought it would be easier to update my initial post with the main details.

Has your car got the active spoiler in place, and it functions normally?

The module enable you to fully control the positioning of the active spoiler, either up, down or somewhere in between. Once this is installed, there is no auto setting, so you will have to remember the position for speed bumps, etc.

The left button on the switch is Off/Up, and the right button allows you to control the Down position.

I can provide either a standard fitment which just plugs into the ECU plug behind the dash, or if you need the full loom, which goes through the bulkhead to the active spoiler motor near the driver's headlight.

I've redesigned the module to be easier to fit, and using colour coded wires, which should make the fitting an easy process. (If I can fit it, then anyone can!)

I will provide full fitting instructions on an emailed PDF, which should be simple to follow, or please use an auto electrician to fit it for you.

The standard version (without loom) costs £55 plus postage, and the full loom version costs £65 plus postage (this is mainly for foreign postal costs, and for the UK, £10).

If you're interested, then please contact me.

Well, I thought I would provide a quick snap of the override module to show what it looks like, and hope it doesn't look too complicated to install.

I provide full installation instructions too.

Standard version

attachment.php?attachmentid=171205&d=1371377716

Full loom version

And a few videos of it in action:

:)

IMG_6536lo.jpg

SupraASOMpromoFLlo.jpg

Edited by AndrewOW
Update. (see edit history)

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did the mods authorise this group buy? :innocent:

This is not a group buy, just a little promotion of this product. :)

I'd like another one as mine does play up when the car is hot for some obscure reason!

Strange. I've redesigned Garfy's module to make it easier to fit, and is constructed better than previous, so maybe a new one may work better for you.

Hi. I have a Garfy module at the moment, but dont have an ecu, just a loom Garfy made from the module to the spoiler motor.

Unfortunately it has stopped working, so would you be able to make a similar set up with your module? If so, how much would it be?

Thanks.

Hi. I have a Garfy module at the moment, but dont have an ecu, just a loom Garfy made from the module to the spoiler motor.

Unfortunately it has stopped working, so would you be able to make a similar set up with your module? If so, how much would it be?

Thanks.

Yes, of course. PM'd.

Very interested. I put mine down every time I stop, even if it's just for a second.

I'd love for it to be down all the time (except for speed bumps).

PM me more info (if that's what the plan is) :)

Can you pm me the costs Andrew, ta...!!

I'm interested too, could you PM me cost etc... Cheers!

PM'd :)

I'm interested if you can post up some details.

Does it remove the "auto" function all together or can it work as "auto" or manual?

Can it have a trigger to revert back to "auto" if you go above a certain speed?

I've updated my original post with some of the features including the loss of the 'auto' function, etc.

Is it possible to wire the box of tricks so that when it is switched on and in use, it sets the active spoiler to a permanant down position. Then when you switch off the box of tricks, it reverts to standard auto mode? I really don't want to completley lose the auto mode, yeah I'm fussy :D

I'm 99% sure this is how the old Blitz module worked, but they are as rare as rocking horse poo!

Is it possible to wire the box of tricks so that when it is switched on and in use, it sets the active spoiler to a permanant down position. Then when you switch off the box of tricks, it reverts to standard auto mode? I really don't want to completley lose the auto mode, yeah I'm fussy :D

I'm 99% sure this is how the old Blitz module worked, but they are as rare as rocking horse poo!

As answered on Facepants:

Unfortunately, this module bypasses the ECU entirely, and makes the spoiler fully manual only. I do like the idea of being able to have both, but that would mean fiddling about with the spoiler's ECU, and Garfy hasn't done that. This module replaces the ECU. I'd imagine the Blitz version would cost loads as it has to fit on the existing plug too. Sorry about that, but this module is good anyway. :)