The mkiv Supra Owners Club

No Boost Problem Just Occurred :-( ---FIXED

a98pmalcolm

Hi gang. I need some help/advice

Small problem just happened with the Supra. I was driving along on the way to the petrol station and I felt like giving some boost, so I put my foot down and at about 4000 RPM it gurgled like a miss-fire kicking on and off power.

Got to the petrol station filled up, and as I left tried again and it seemed much better. After just cruising along on the way home I got to the bypass near my village put my foot down and there was next to no boost at all. Looking at the boost controller its struggling to go over 0.6 Bar when I have it set to 1.2 Bar,its as if a boost pipe has come off.

The dump valve still goes off but quietly and all boost pipes are on nice and firm. All vacuum pipes are on ok.

Any advice guys :(

Thanks

Paul

Edited by a98pmalcolm (see edit history)

Hay all. Ok problem was in 2 places..

1st problem was on the boost controller solenoid. The black rubber connector that slides onto it which joins the vacuum pipe to the solenoid is slightly damaged and easily slides the vacuum pipe off the solenoid so I put a small dab of super glue on the solenoid tube so that it the rubber connector shouldn't slide off the solenoid now.

2nd problem was the vsv vacuum pipe to the turbos actuator kept popping off so a small dab of glue on the vsv tube and big bash bosh jobs a gooden.

I also turned down the boost setting due to the cold weather so my boost wont creep over the softy level of the turbos.

Just tested it on my local bypass and all is good,

Thanks for the responses guys.:)

Paul