The mkiv Supra Owners Club

After 9 months, 14 days, 11 hours and 23 minutes.............

neo2810

...........the insurance company representing the hotel who dropped a wardrobe on my car finally concede defeat and accepted liability. It only took 34 phone calls, 16 information request responses, 24 photo's, 5 witness statements, a complaint to the FSO, 2 threats of legal action, and a partridge in a pear tree.

The reason? Hotel convinced them it was the work of fly tippers.

Soooo... Apart from the new wing, and full car respray which will now commence (as the paint is clearly too old to blend into), and the hiring of an Audi S4 while the car is in bodyshop, what other legitimite delights should I get my solicitors claim. I'm going to discuss with them on Monday and apart from the obvious stress this has caused (which may well be a contributing factor to my hospital stay recently), and classic car depreciation from the exposed metal for 9 months, what else should I be looking to recoupe? I only want to claim what I'm entitled to legitimately and fairly considering the pain they've caused by making up a story likely to win the "Insurance company excuse of the year" award so no silly suggestions (unless you're being funny, then fire away :D) please...

Stranger things have happened!

A report on the news recently said that a claimant had put in a request for whiplash when their wing mirror was knocked off their car! :blink:

Yeah I heard that on the Radio yesterday and the one where the Insurance company tried to get there client to claim for Whip Lash even though the car was Parked and they were not even in it

There's an "Ed's a plank" joke in there somewhere...

I'm glad there have been no serious or sensible responses so far, it's restored my faith in this board :D

I thought that Ed was a part of the furniture but this is getting out of hand. :D

Next thing we know, he'll be coming out of the closet!

Sorry, seriously, if you ask me, the insurance company should be given a right dressing gown.....I mean, down. They should have had this whole thing sorted, quick as a flash!

You should have got the car armoire plated.

Sorry, I'll get my coat. :hi:

Edited by Morpheus
Refresh often, as they just keep coming! (see edit history)