The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Thinking of going back to a stock clocks

hodge

I've been thinking about this for a while now, about removing my Dash2 display and fitting a Set of stock supra clocks again. The dash2 is great but it has it's floors. I find it a lot harder to see during the day and every not and then it freezes, or the rev counter just goes off suddenly and comes. back on in a minute or so. I'm sure I've read other members having issues with this also.

I'm thinking of a nice set of white 200 MPH dials with a white PCB board to match all my defi gauges.

I do like the dash2 display but I think the stock dials are also as good.

What do you guys all think??

Such a shame mate as these are such an expencive bit of kit! I hope you make your money back on it if you decide to sell it :)

I think they both look good! for me I think the dash 2 gives it more of a track look if you know what I mean I would probs stick with that although if you where to put white clocks in it would suit the car really well!

I've got a dash2 for my build, the wife hates the look of it and says it will spoil the interior. I bought it to remove the numerous gauges I had dotted around the cabin, which I grew to dislike.

I'm of two minds now to ditch the dash2 and fit one of the Syvecs data screens. But that would be the same as having gauges really. I will likely just stick to the dash2 but make a mounting that will look as OEM as possible.

Edit - Hodge. Sounds to me like your unit is faulty or the wiring/connectors are. I would doubt it should do this and yours is the first I have heard of this happening. Have you spoken to race technology about this?

Edited by mwilkinson (see edit history)

I've got a dash2 for my build, the wife hates the look of it and says it will spoil the interior. I bought it to remove the numerous gauges I had dotted around the cabin, which I grew to dislike.

I'm of two minds now to ditch the dash2 and fit one of the Syvecs data screens. But that would be the same as having gauges really. I will likely just stick to the dash2 but make a mounting that will look as OEM as possible.

Edit - Hodge. Sounds to me like your unit is faulty or the wiring/connectors are. I would doubt it should do this and yours is the first I have heard of this happening. Have you spoken to race technology about this?

No I havnt bud. Think your right it might be worth dropping them an email and see of they had any other units with this issue.

I still have my old surround in the garage, made by SRD, drop me a pm with your address if you want it and i will send it out.

Only thing I don't like about the dash2 is fuel gauge is naff, I've never had any issues with it freezing at all, reason I moved it and put the stock clocks back in is because I think it looks better in the speedo videos.

Now theres a nice bit of showman-ship. Keep the youtube followers happy :)

If have thought the stock tacho would continue to go round bast 8k if the car revs that high as would the speedo if the car goes past 180 mph. A face would just need making to replace the OEM face and the tacho will go to whatever you want it to.