The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Painting trial rear, skirts and front bumper in my garage **pics**

Notts_TT

Hi everyone, havnt been on here for a while, I've been mega busy prepping supra for next years show season and designing graphics to promote my business, here's some pics of my progress do far...

In these pics we snagged bumper, primed it in high build, and pained the diffuser black... More to come :-)

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1326533187.510930.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1326533245.859940.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1326533290.167214.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1326533319.894205.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1326533353.075687.jpg

Is that a genuine trial bumper or a copy? If a copy it looks quite decent other than having to rectify a few bits.

Is the car staying red? I would be inclined to paint the underside of the bumper satin black. I nearly painted mine gloss but it just didn't look right. By painting it satin black it looked more like a factory option.

It's already gloss mate, see last pic, looks good IMO, I know what you mean my matt/ satin looking factory though.

It's gonna have a drift / time attack look once graphics are on so I want nothing to look factory ;-)

It's staying red for now with my overfenders going back on wrapped in carbon..

It's a knight racer copy...

Up for another pic ?

Here it is test fitted once diffuser was paint for a final check and then we flatted high build and primed final coat....

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1326535261.186037.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1326535296.524238.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1326535322.251142.jpg

Honestly compared to so many copies I think that looks quite good.

It's looking good. Keep the pictures coming especially the carbon wrapped over fenders!!

A note on your bumper. Mine is genuine and came with attachments for the diffuser to the fuel tank under the centre of the car. I then also fitted a custom bracket to the smaller section which is left (looking at the back of the car) next to the exhaust. This was to stop this moving around as I perceived this to be a weak point at speed.

We sprayed a coat of high build, flatted and then another coat and flatted, than painted....

There's a bit of dust in paint but it's not bad at all, especially as it was done in my garage...

Just need to clean all red over spray up now off floor and walls, it's every where :-)...

Are you going to bond the spats from the trail rear to the side of the car or just leave them? Mine aren't bonded and they don't move away from the body but I have thought about this and what I might use.

Another question. Have you semi-blended the skirts into the body or are they bolted on? If bolted do you still have the gaps around the mounting point next to the rear intake on the door line?

I'm going to bond sides on with tiger seal, they'll never move again:-) it's just resting on at mo, not even bolted...

I havnt blended anything pal the skirts are bonded on with tiger seal too, there is a slight gap nr vent on door side, I'll add a pic in a min.

Tiger seal. Your right that will never move again :)

All my kit is just bolted on. I have avoided bonding due to the fact I wouldn't want to damage the paint beneath too much. My issue with the veilside skirts is that, on my genuine ones, the attachment point next to the vent does not fill in the area covered by either the stock vents or skirts. It bothers me immensely. I intend to modify them to rectify this. Just wondered if you had done this. You would have to have the door open to see this.

No probs I like seeing threads like this where the owners do there own work to there car and comes up good. Good job

Thanks, I always do everything myself pal, I've just BPU'd it myself and next is the drift/time attack graphics to promote my graphics company. :salute:

TBH if it was just a car for me I wouldn't have graphics but it's my promo car so needs must...

Don't know who's car this is but it's similar to mine :)

I'm starting some simple but effective graphics for it, this is just first proof, not finished kit....

Any thoughts, I know decals arnt the supra communities favourite but its to help promote graphics to the modified lovers industry...

I've added the time attack box to the kit to promote them as there good sellers :)

to admin:

If my company logo is not allowed on this pic I can remove it for you.

Thanks

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1326630978.263966.jpg