The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Breather setups

Guigsy

Appologies for maybe a newbie question. but iv not seen anyone ask or answer this question.

My engine bay looks a little scrappy and eventualy id like to tidy it up a bit.

But while thinking about this and looking at others engine bay pics iv noticed several different setups with regards to the breathers.

Mine is routed back into the air intake.

Iv also seen them reuted back to a catch can.

But also seen little filters put on them.

So whats best? why do people do them differently and whats the thinking behind it?

What is coming out for the catch can to catch? this then makes me think if anything is going to be coming out i dont want it back through my turbo...

Iv been told and seen it on here that the way mine is done is the best. but i dont know the reasoning behind this. Id prefer to put filters on them to keep it tidy but have been told thats not ideal.

:blink:

It has been discussed before in detail.

Check my build thread for some discussion on this, there are others too.

the way you have done it will apparently suck oil vapour back into the intake lowering the octane level

Mine simply has a filter at the end of a pipe routed to the bottom of the engine bay.