The mkiv Supra Owners Club

UK Brakes on JSpec Supra

Noz

Afternoon all.

Will be collecting my UK Front brakes in next week or so and would like to know what required to fit them, currently running good ol'JSpec fronts. Is it a simple swap? Had a quick search and only thread that seemed related was someone wanting to put JSpec fronts on the rear :blink:

Thanks

Edited by Noz (see edit history)

I would defo reccomend you to get rears as well. You screw up your brake balance, with potential dangerous results to follow. Especially braking into corners in the wet.. Forget j-spec fronts to rear. Even if it is possible, it will probably not lead to any gain in brake performance.

The installation it self is straigh forward. You should be able to find lots of descriptions of it. Only thing is you need to trim down your dust shields to fit the slightly bigger discs. Thats more or less it.

Just UK fronts mate. I was considering saving for Ksport brakes, but unless I change my gearbox I will never need anything bigger than what Im upgrading to. I will grab some UK rears when I can afford it, stopping in a straight line is more important than not stopping at all as I've hammered down a few hills and noticed they feel a bit sexy by the time I reach the bottom.

Ksport's do look nice though. If I can't fit them over my fronts I'll just get some spacers, but it will be no big deal I'll just put them back on :D Maybe brendan will be nice and let me try them before he takes them off.

Just UK fronts mate. I was considering saving for Ksport brakes, but unless I change my gearbox I will never need anything bigger than what Im upgrading to. I will grab some UK rears when I can afford it, stopping in a straight line is more important than not stopping at all as I've hammered down a few hills and noticed they feel a bit sexy by the time I reach the bottom.

Ksport's do look nice though. If I can't fit them over my fronts I'll just get some spacers, but it will be no big deal I'll just put them back on :D Maybe brendan will be nice and let me try them before he takes them off.

Yeah i know what you mean mate but i've got the V161 in my SZ already so a 1J is going in with a mid single so definitely in need of some better brakes :D especially as one of my pistons is on it's last legs anyways.....would be silly to pay for a refurb on my Jspecs to then put some KSports on :)

would be silly to pay for a refurb on my Jspecs to then put some KSports on :)

To be honest mate, don't mess about ignoring brakes or sticking calipers. A refurb kit from Toyota or mr whiffin will only set you back about £50 quid. It's an easy enough job to refurb your brakes yourself, only took me a couple of hours to do the 2 front calipers.

Just for the sake of such a small amount of money, you'd be kicking yourself if a caliper stuck and caused you to go into the back of someone or loose control.

Just thought I'd mention mate as it's something you might want to look into.