The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Which Coilovers

Ricky49

Im after some advice on which coilovers to go for as one of my Ohlins is fooked so I fancy a change to something new.

I'm wanting them to be adjustable, they are for road use only 85-90% of the time, not too hard a ride but also not to soft.

Anyone have anything they use and recommend, I have been looking and some KW's????

I really like the HSDs but I have heard good things about the MeisterR coilovers too. I had Megan Racing coilovers which were good for the budget but I wouldn't recommend them as they are a bit soft. I really don't like the budget teins but the 1k+ sets are meant to be quite good (Not had a drive of them though, only the lower range ones).

I've fitted and driven on BCs, they are fine if you are on a budget but much like the Megan Racing. I wouldn't take them over most other options. They aren't as solid as the HSDs and although there is a large range of adjustment on them they just felt a little rattley when driving (not sound, they were silent... just feel).

The thing with my experience is that it's all been in different cars for the most part, not sure how much of the slightly negative press from my experience is down to the wishbones/bushes etc.

I have found a set KW in the UK for £1400 so will to spend around £1500.

I think you will struggle to beat the Ohlins for all around performance but I guess it depends what sort of condition they are in? KW certainly seem like a good option.

Jamie has the Tein Flex I think? He rates them quite highly as far as I can tell as he has lasted a long time with them.

ive never had KW's on my Supra but have had them on a Calibra when the KW coilover's first come out and they were a good setup. My bilstien shocks are totally shot on my sup aswell so im going to get a set of Miester R zeta's for now.

I did have a set of Tein mono flex on my Supra but had a lot of knocking coming from the rear shocks that drove me mad so took them off. But they did work well apart from the knocking

Edited by fastcar (see edit history)