The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Hello All.

Guest VroomDan

Guest VroomDan

Hey,

My name is Dan, 23 and live in York. Long time car fan and modder. Currently not driving a jap car and its making me :( . In the market for a Supra Twin Turbo 6 speed manual next so thought id come on here for the best research.

This is what i am currently driving - Focus RS mk1 2litre turbo 240BHP with some mods. Reason i went for this car a bit ago was the insurance is low. Its been a good fun car and not much keeps up with out round the bends out in the dales, just takes on anything and doesnt say no, but its a Ford and i always have that niggle its going to rust from the inside out haha.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/268020_10150704391500702_839295701_19717012_7143381_n.jpg

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/195963_10150441507325702_839295701_17895759_3578178_n.jpg

As far as i am aware the nearest importer to me that deals in a lot of Supra's is J-M imports in Newcastle? Anyone had dealings with and good cars from there? i am willing to travel though, just did a 600 mile round trip with a friend to pick up a newly imported Nissan S15 yesterday from Torque-GT near Exeter. I am probly looking to get an import not a car thats been in the UK for a while but open to options.

Does anyone go to the Jap night in North Yorkshire? 1st Tuesday of every month?

I have had a good look at the guide available which is well done!

What i havnt been able to find an answer too is in the interior, the dash seems to come in 2 colours? black and a light greyish colour. Was this a buyer option or did it only come on some models or colours?

Are the headlights xenon's?

How much does the normal fuel tank take and cost to fill, what mileage do you get out of it?

Cheers for your time.

Welcome to the club, J-m imports is regarded as one of the best importers in the UK he is a club trader on here and if you decided to go with him he will not put you wrong im sure!

In response to the dash, the facelift version of the supra, had a re designed dash and a slightly different colour more grey. It also has the 5 dials rather than 3.

Lights are not HID's but kits can be found at a very good price.

And a tank of fuel will be in the region of around £100 MPG depends on driving but on a stock engine on a motorway run you will see good MPG on town driving/hard drving expect to see that dive to early teens.

Welcome to the club and good luck on your search

Welcome, nice FRS! :) In terms of fuel, I have an Auto. £85 - 90 ish to fill with Super does about 240 miles of round town driving, with a few blasts of WOT. (To the line on the empty mark on the gauge anyway, sure there is still a bit left in at that!) I rarely do long trips!

Welcome, nice RS. dan294 is spot on with the fuel tanks, normal motorway driving can see nearly 500 miles to my 80 litre tank on the UK spec, cruising above 80, spirited driving on country roads and town driving could easily half this. If you do happen to come across a UK spec TT6 by any chance don't be put of by the price premium, the insurance savings over the import will pay it back easily if you plan to keep it for any length of time, just make sure you hold out for one in good condition.