The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Lage Supra discussion thread on PH...

Getrag

Im surprised at some of the comments actually,outside our forum the supra doesnt seem to be appreciated as much,and the 280bhp thing - not again :innocent: :eek:

I think someone techinically minded (not me!) should go on there and tell them a thing or two :p I will come and support lol :thumbs:

I didn't think it was that negative. Hence I didn't post.

I'm a bit puzzled by the whole crank pulley shearing off problem - didn't think it was that common - but then they are always caused by bad workmanship in the first place which isn't the car's fault.

Overall I thought it was a reserved thumbs up with question marks over the styling...someone quoted Clarkson from when it came out. I notice nobody mentioned he then later compared the F550 Ferrari to the Supra... ;)

Same here, I didn't think it was that negative. I think PHers like most people simply don't know much about the Supra and assume it's a tarted up Celica or something. When they actually see one at a track day, meet or whatever opinions change. I was at a PH meet on Sunday, and there was a fair bit of interest in my car (in fact there's a thread on PH about it somewhere).

I suppose we are guilty of the same thing sometimes here, I mean how many people dive in on any thread about TVRs with the old unreliability chestnuts.

As for the Supra - the rear light clusters are too long in proportion to the rear panel, the wing looks stupid (but would on any car), the front light units look too big and mirrored, especially above the froggy mouth of an air intake, the bonnet intake looks stuck-on and other than all these messy little features, it's a rather bland shape.

That's quite negative :music:

Originally posted by Grazer

That's quite negative :music:

Despite the :music: I'm gunna bite :)

That's just 1 person's opinion. You can't really hold that up as an argument for them dissing the Supra! And as I said they were generally negative about the styling - which lots of us think we can improve otherwise we wouldn't fit bodykits!

Originally posted by Alex Holdroyd

That's just 1 person's opinion. You can't really hold that up as an argument for them dissing the Supra! And as I said they were generally negative about the styling - which lots of us think we can improve otherwise we wouldn't fit bodykits!

True. At the end of the day who gives a sh1t... you buy a car for what YOU think about it and if you didnt, well I pity you (not u alex ;) ) :)

Don't get me wrong - none of the comments bother me - a few amuse me! I am happy with the reasons I bought a Supra and still think it's one of the most beautiful, best performing cars around, irrespective of cost.

But several people did agree with the above quote :music: :innocent:

As said, WHO CARES!

Those with such close-minded views (we get them in all car enthusiast circles) are usually those who have never had the chance to drive many other cars, so just resort to slagging them off instead.

I like Jap cars.

I like 'Western' (as called in that thread) cars, especially Jags.

I like big American cars.

FCUK those who claim one type as the best, they are chatting sh*t! :flame Dev

Nobody answered the main question, which was asked twice. For all that you get in a Supra, the power, looks, comfort, tuneability and value for money, what can seriously beat it. Now thats a tough one!

PH is a good site in general but they can be a bit one sided against all that isnt TVR, British etc.