The mkiv Supra Owners Club

PICS: different colour wheel refurbished

SupraStar 3000

It has always been my goal with this supra to buy a set of 19" Works Varianza wheels,… but to justify the cost right now with other commitments is difficult,… to say it mildly. As these wheels aren't a necessity at the moment and my current RacingHeart C4r's are in pretty good shame, Im thinking in the summer to get them refurbished and painted.

attachment.php?attachmentid=144221&d=1326370914

I have this crazy overwhelming desire to have red wheels and nows the time to try this on my current wheels.

(photoshop pics to illustrate idea)

What i'm considering doing is painting the chrome lip (which after a few harsh winters will never go back to mirror chrome) and painting them white to match the car. The inside of the wheel (behind the spokes) to be painted black with the centre wheel cap and the spokes to be painted a bright red (maybe candy apple).

attachment.php?attachmentid=144220&d=1326370914

Whats your opinion?

Failing this, the plan will be to forget the red and go black with white lip.

thanks for looking,

attachment.php?attachmentid=144222&d=1326370914

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can see your reasoning behind it Ed but trust me, it's better being left in your head along with those other thoughts.

I took one look at the first pic and instantly thought faceman. All that's missing is a red interior and you could be a full on pimp.

In work so can't see pics, but I'll check them later Ed, I remember the US supra with the red wheels you'd been aiming towards though and it's immense.

I'd do it, at the end of the day if you don't like them, it shouldn't be too expensive to change the colour of the centres back to a different colour. It's good to experiment, sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't but at least you'll have tried.

Bad pictures on a bad camera and the car is dirty and the alloys are dirty from brake dust and from road salt.

But when everything is clean, i think it looks nice - for now until i get bored again :D

Dam it! That looks ace mate,.. and now I'm wondering if i should paint the lips red on mine!

I should have closed the thread after Scotts post and been satisfied. :(

Oi, you just want to make me look a tit :p

;)

I succeeded years ago when I coerced you into asking about the boot release.

But seriously, check it out, I think it would look better. The white/polished bit with that design doesn't look right IMO.