The mkiv Supra Owners Club

O/D Off light flashing

Kaamos

Everything's pretty much in the title.....

My OD/Off light has always been flashing from time to time, rather rarely, since I bought the car... but for the last week it has been flashing almost constantly every 1 and a half second or so.....

Any clue of what this could mean ?

David P, thanks, but I forgot to mention that both diagnostic ports are mute :(

SPG-26, thanks for the hint but no

Karolina : this would explain why, from time to time, cruise control doesn't work and active spoiler behaves weirdly (unfolds at 10mph and stays inside doing 80)

This is usually connected(excuse the pun) to the buffer in the odometer can't remember the wire colours(blue/pink?) but usually the dry solder joint in the odometer can be bypassed and solves the issue.

From memory the speed sensor sends its signal via the odometer for some reason then on to the ecu. It then causes issues as you describe

Mine did the same when I got it and this sorted it. was intermittent, If it was down to a thor delimiter I'd assume it would be constant

R.

My of light and trc light flash on my uk. It's intermittent and I can't notice anything wrong. Various garages it's been to also can't work it out.

But on a jspec it's usualy speed limited but you need to check the codes to be sure as could be something else

Edit:

un-'mute' a diagnostic port then pin it and read the fault code.

Fix the fault. ;)

I went to a couple of toyota garages a while ago, they couldn't "un-mute" the diagnostic ports for they didn't have the elecrical diagrams for the supra, so this was never sorted out....

Mine is an UK-spec and beside the cruise-control and active spoiler I didn't notice anything wrong so far, except it has been rarely intermittent for 2.5 years and now for 2012 it became constant :(

Robzki, thanks for these details.

Hi, bit of a thread Hijack but can you add your UK spec to the UK spec register. It's in the members section or you can follow the link in my signature below.

2 out of the 3 mkiv supras I have owned have had this fault and both were down to the buffer circuit in the odo as previously mentioned. On both of mine there was no fault code stored. Search for pink wire odo or something like that. Its a 5 minute job and worth doing if only to eliminate it from the equation .

Edited by Shane
spelling (see edit history)

Thanks for the link David P, sounds much useful !

2 out of the 3 mkiv supras I have owned have had this fault and both were down to the buffer circuit in the odo as previously mentioned. On both of mine there was no fault code stored. Search for pink wire odo or something like that. Its a 5 minute job and worth doing if only to eliminate it from the equation .

I'm not quite sure what to do with this wire but thanks for sorting the pink one from the blue one :)

• 1 year later...