The mkiv Supra Owners Club

For the attention of 6 Speed Manual Twin Turbo model owners.

TwinTurboDamon

The taxing worked in such a way relating to displacement until 2001 I believe. For example, taxing a pre-2001 Supra TT (3.0 FI) would be the same as taxing a Civic EK9 (1.6 NA) as the last banding stopped at 1600cc. In other words anything pre 2001 (and post something, I forget what year) that are 1600cc or above cost the same to tax.

Hopefully someone can confirm/correct that.

I'm around £210/£215 on mine for a year. Can't remember which. :)

The taxing worked in such a way relating to displacement until 2001 I believe. For example, taxing a pre-2001 Supra TT (3.0 FI) would be the same as taxing a Civic EK9 (1.6 NA) as the last banding stopped at 1600cc. In other words anything pre 2001 (and post something, I forget what year) that are 1600cc or above cost the same to tax.

Hopefully someone can confirm/correct that.

I'm around £210/£215 on mine for a year. Can't remember which. :)

Correct.

A few members have been shafted due to their cars being registered after 2002 though. My car was registered in 2002 but it was done properly in that the information shows that it's an import and that it is in fact older than this. Supras that you see with 02+ registrations will most likely cost around £400 per year to tax.

Mr money bags eh lol, and thanks for all this information, appreciate it :)

I'm not sure whether to make a new thread, coz i made this one while i was at work, so I couldn't focus on this website lol.

Can i ask (if no1 minds answering :) )

how much does it cost for petrol, might not help but i do around 12k miles a year.

Thanks

Mr money bags eh lol, and thanks for all this information, appreciate it :)

I'm not sure whether to make a new thread, coz i made this one while i was at work, so I couldn't focus on this website lol.

Can i ask (if no1 minds answering :) )

how much does it cost for petrol, might not help but i do around 12k miles a year.

Thanks

Costs me about £100 to fill the tank up. I work 9 miles from home and take back/side roads to get there and I use about one and a half tanks a month.

You will be about £65 per tank and you will get about 300 miles to a tank.

London Driving - make that 250miles per 65 ltr at a cost of GBP80 to fill up (V Power) - thirsty cars these - like pretty much most sports cars - including modern ones.