The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Bodykit shop advice

Suprakeith

Hello at end of this month when get paid want to order a veilside combat 2 front bumper and veilside sideskirts and question is can anyone recommend good shops to buy parts from have had search on internet and all can find is knightracer.co.uk selling the front bumper and the sideskirts on ebay,as want the fitment to be good dont want to buy body parts that dont fit well, so could people please advise me on places to purchases these parts where the fitment is good?

thanx very much in advance:)

Hello at end of this month when get paid want to order a veilside combat 2 front bumper and veilside sideskirts and question is can anyone recommend good shops to buy parts from have had search on internet and all can find is knightracer.co.uk selling the front bumper and the sideskirts on ebay,as want the fitment to be good dont want to buy body parts that dont fit well, so could people please advise me on places to purchases these parts where the fitment is good?

thanx very much in advance:)

Hi Keith.

I don't want to seem mean :) but I would seriously advise against fitting a Veilside style anything to your car. You will be paying good money to devalue your car. If you want an aftermarket bumper, go for a Ridox, top secret or Do luck.

mad.car.stylings in dyfed north wales sell on ebay - ive always bought things from him(dave), and will be getting a new front splitter when it warms up again.

Always fits correctly, and i know plenty of people that have bought from him without a problem.

+1

Veilside bumpers are given away on here free :p

Hi Keith.

I don't want to seem mean :) but I would seriously advise against fitting a Veilside style anything to your car. You will be paying good money to devalue your car. If you want an aftermarket bumper, go for a Ridox, top secret or Do luck.

+1!

But if you like veilside then go for it, its your car and your money ;)

Thanx for the advice chaps will try mad motors for my veilside parts,:p

I know some of you dont like veilside but i do!

Its quite funny in a way as when got my n/a was told should of tt

then when said wanted to do tt engine transplant was told wrong way as it will de value my car

then was asked about carbon bonnet was told wrong again to keep it standard

and now my choice in bodykit wrong :)

Not having a moan at all just think its rather funny thats all:p

I deal with mad motors, they do some good fitting kits

Sorry off topic

Rob, im thinking of getting some Blitz skirts, have you had you seen what the fit is like on these skirts from Mad Motors? I was looking through threads on here and quite a few people have used Knightracer but looking at how far out Pistonbroke's were, if these are better ill use them.

Just face it Keith. You must be a total failure and banished from Supradom.

If not the nae Sayers will stone you to death.

Failing that you could alternatively think, it's my car and I will do what I like. If I don't like it I will change it. If others don't like it it's their problem.

Ha ha i like that quote alot, i never worry what people think i have always done what i want and iam sure when get parts for car she will look how i want her too

• 3 months later...

Well this will make some of laugh i decided at last a brought the veilside combat 2 front bumper from madmotors and today bodyshop rang me say it wouldnt when went their myself the bumper from madmotors is 10cm to wide for car plus the bit that goes between the headlights is the wrong angle by miles,so cant ever get bumper close to car will upload some pics for peoples entertainment. Guess i deserve it for buying a veilside front bumper :D would of proberly got better fit buying cheap ebay version :)

I am ready for my punishment and abuse for buying veilside

Not being funny but has the bodyshop removed the headlights as they kinda fit 'over' the bumper I'd imagine. They may have just placed the headlights there to show the poor fit.

I also imagine with the headlights removed and the bumper bolted on it would be likely to pull it back into shape. I'd be interested to see the bumper bolted on and then putting the headlights back in.

Edited by Robzki (see edit history)

On my first soop, I bought a Failside front bumber :hide:, and I fitted it myself. Like yours, it seemed a bit wide and didnt quite look right, but once it was bolted on, the sides pulled in nicely and the centre sat well also.

Most bumpers I think look slightly off when not on the car, but to be fair to suppliers, most recommend proffesional fitment anyway.

Get them to fit it and see what happens. If it doesnt fit, then send it back and get a refund. If it does fit, then its all good :)