The mkiv Supra Owners Club

what is this sensor ?? hmmmm...

Supra N_A

right car is having these little pain bits happening to her firstly little things but annoying the brakes are screeching when driving well the front is drivers side (grease on pads?), also the belt is starting to screech ever so slightly(needs tightened up??)

suppose comes in 3s this sensor was making a little buzzing sound was like electrical low sound its right next to etcs-I sticker on the inlet its the black box stuck on the side can see in this picture what i did is unplugged it and it stopped the sound but then when started engine its idles so high...???

Try a bit of copper greece on the back of the pad that should stop it. I think that sencer is the idle control valve but not 100% on that

yea makes sence on it been the idle control valve hmm well wonder if that has packed in or somthing as when i unpluged it for a second,plugged it back in and its shot sky high the idle.

If the sensor that you're talking about is on the throttle body, and it's making a funny noise, then it's probably not a sensor at all. You'll probably find that it's the trac butterfly stepper motor. Replace it, see what happens

If you've unplugged your idle control valve and plugged it back in, don't worry it'll return to its starting location

should rephrase it, it also makes a screeching sound when the brakes are not actually been used but when it screeches i press the brake and it stops!

That's usually how the noisemaker in the pad works to tell you have have at least one pad with 1mm or less material remaining,

The auxillary belt is self tensioned by the idler pulley, you cant tighten it.

A tin of belt conditioner or a new belt may sort the problem and try to avoid getting any of the engine cleaning/dressing products on it. But first I'd make sure that the tensioner was still working as it should and I'd also perform the Tipp-Ex test on the bottom pulley to eliminate that as a possible problem.

Edited by pedrosixfour (see edit history)