The mkiv Supra Owners Club

My First Mk4 Supra.

Nodalmighty

After tuning them for 15 years, this is my first time actual ownership of one.

Bought it on Saturday from HERBIE. Nice trip to NI for me, never been there before either. Long drive back to Staffordshire for me and the car was faultless.

For a 93 RZ, who ever ordered it originally in Japan optioned everything. Big Sounds system, Twin Airbags, LSD, Cruise, ABS, the works.

I added a set of leather seats and a new back seat upper swab to it yesterday which a got from Steve at Silverline Racing (who also did the fitting ;)) £300 all in, bargain. :)

http://www.nod-land.co.uk/assets/images/Mk4_Interior.jpg

http://www.nod-land.co.uk/assets/images/Mk4_BackSide.jpg

http://www.nod-land.co.uk/assets/images/Mk4_FrontSide.jpg

My Bucket List:

Private plate and black UK 17" going on this month.

EL backlit dial set is coming out and a stock set of OEM dials going back in. Numerous bulbs to replace in heater and dash, Blue/Red LED conversion (VW Style),

Needs a full set of dash plastics as these have been painted black (These might flat back though as they don't appear to be broken).

Needs a few pieces of interior trim that are broken in the rear around the near side suspension turret.

Decent Alloys (Diamond cut Lexus/TTE Sport first choice) and Front Bumper to finish (any idea's welcome).

Other than that, for £1800, She's a bargain N/A beauty.

Lyndon.

Edited by Nodalmighty (see edit history)

I wouldn't put Black o/e wheels on it personally, i did this on my 1st car when it was stock and the

look isn't great in my opinion.

A nice fresh silver looks far better :)

I agree, but these silver ones are very tatty and the tyres are budget. My black ones have the right size tyres and are mint. They are only winter wheels, I'm always on the look out for a set of Diamond Cut TTE sport wheels ;)

What Front bumper to compliment JDL skirts ?

Edited by Nodalmighty (see edit history)

Very nice! Quite surprised that you've been on here so long and never owned one.

Looking forward to the updates and more pics! :)

Got married, bought a house, had a child, got cancer, then leukaemia, never the right time. But then, Got pay rise, a big loan paid off (who said PPI with critical illness cover was a bad thing) and most importantly my wife agree to let me have one. I just wanted a nice looking, big engined, auto that I could fix myself, tune myself and the Mk4 ticked all those boxes. Can't afford to run a turbo though but I'm surprised that I've done 335 miles and still have 1/4 of a tank of fuel left.

Re fitted Stock air box yesterday. Found one of those tuning boxes connected to the IAT sensor. Snipped it off and took it apart and it had a chip on some bread board inside, not even soldered. God only knows what that was supposed to do! It was wired in parallel so most likely an on chip resistor trying to fool the ecu into giving more fuel.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Cracking deal from Sky on the old insurance. £435 all mods declared, fully comp, wife to drive and all legal cover. I'd rather pay a sensible premium than find myself in the shit when I need to make a claim.

Cat 1 gets fitted next week too.

I can then concentrate on tarting it up a bit, fixing all the dodgy wiring behind the dash and getting the factory sound system working with the JVC double din head unit.

:)

Lyndon.

Cracking deal from Sky on the old insurance. £435 all mods declared, fully comp, wife to drive and all legal cover. I'd rather pay a sensible premium than find myself in the $#@! when I need to make a claim.

Cat 1 gets fitted next week too.

I can then concentrate on tarting it up a bit, fixing all the dodgy wiring behind the dash and getting the factory sound system working with the JVC double din head unit.

:)

Lyndon.

Glad your happy but did you try anyone else for quotes ?

I pay less than £300 on my car with all mods declared at LWIB, Aviva were

also under £300 but needed to chat with them regards the HKS intercooler.

£435 on an NA seems dear to me

I pay less than £300 on my car with all mods declared at LWIB, Aviva were

also under £300 but needed to chat with them regards the HKS intercooler.

Yeah! But is your partner on the policy and do you have limited milage with like for like mod repalacement?

I tried LV and a-plan and used there quotes to get sky down from £492. Sky know the car so it's best to stay with who you know. There is legal and accident management cover in there to and I also have access to the AA legal claim help dept through my LloydTSB account privileges.