The mkiv Supra Owners Club

oil pump pulley?

Guest Jaydutch

Guest Jaydutch

Hey guys, i got under my car today because the peice of plastic under the engine was hanging down and scraping speed bumps.

much to my suprise i find this sitting on the plasic!

well you can see where it has come from......

any1 had anything like this before? any advice or info much apreciated

Guest Jaydutch

cheers barney :) how the belt stayed on and i didnt even know it had happend is beyond me. good job the plastic was hanging down!!

i live around the corner from toyota so was considering having it done there.

any idea what a reasonable price to do this would be? i think id want a new belt seeing as this 1 could have been twisted like that for many miles

i dont know what im talking about the oil pump pulley was a guess, its right in the middle of the engine block and its the lowest pulley

Have a look at titan Motorsport website they do a solid bottom crank pulley a lot stronger then stock could be an option to safeguard this from happening again if your planning on keeping the supra for a long time or upgrading the power

Have a look at titan Motorsport website they do a solid bottom crank pulley a lot stronger then stock could be an option to safeguard this from happening again if your planning on keeping the supra for a long time or upgrading the power

A solid pulley is not a good idea, they are damped for a very good reason.

Guest Jaydutch

might be a silly question but would this have affected performance? when i started it from cold the over evening it felt like it choked a bit at half throttle at 3 thousand revs... related?

might be a silly question but would this have affected performance? when i started it from cold the over evening it felt like it choked a bit at half throttle at 3 thousand revs... related?

Could be I would think the alternator wouldn't be working properly if the belt was lose

the titan 1 is around £300, my brakes need sorting pretty quickly as well so im sad to say il be taking the cheap option :( thanks though

stock crank pulley is your best option here. They are roughly the same price £300 delivered. Got mine off whifbitz when Lee did my Build

Somethings not right here. Those belts look miles off (look at the twist that's been put in it to keep it on).

IMO that pulley has went with the previous owner and they have thrown it back together quickly then gotten rid. You're VERY lucky that it's OK.

Guest Jaydutch

had 1 of whifbits pulleys put on today :) toyota garage wanted £650 haha!

and scott the belt was changed a few months back and it was fine.

it twisted like that when the outer ring came off the pulley!

thanks for help and advice guys

had 1 of whifbits pulleys put on today :) toyota garage wanted £650 haha!

and scott the belt was changed a few months back and it was fine.

it twisted like that when the outer ring came off the pulley!

thanks for help and advice guys

That's very strange then as I can see no way that the belt can come off and twist the way that it has. If it had twisted the other way then that could be explained but it's actually turned in the way, something that I can't see happening on its own.