The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Garage wall protection strip

SupraStar 3000

Hi guys,

Can anyone recommend me a product to fix on ether side of my garage walls to offer 'some' protection incase 'heaven forbid' i get too close and scuff the walls when reversing into the slot. I'm thinking of a rubber strip or soft plastic.

I could use carpet, but this is a new garage and I've just finished painting the inside to make it nice and tidy, so would prefer a more professional solution.

ebay has some products, but not in the UK and over-priced.

I would've thought some decent carpet underlay (and maybe foam under that) could be a good solution. Staple a neat off-cut to a strip of plywood, and screw it to the wall in the relevant places. I'd imagine it's very cheap if something a carpet shop is throwing out anyway.

I would've thought that the experience you've had with padded cells, that you'd know what to use already. ;)

Ed dont you have some PVC from your single living days :)

I would've thought some decent carpet underlay (and maybe foam under that) could be a good solution. Staple a neat off-cut to a strip of plywood, and screw it to the wall in the relevant places. I'd imagine it's very cheap if something a carpet shop is throwing out anyway.

I would've thought that the experience you've had with padded cells, that you'd know what to use already. ;)

I'm really trying to steer away from using my sound deadening matting or carpet,..

...but if i can't find anything else, I guess it'll have to do.

I'm just surprised its not a popular product.

Hum, That gives me an idea!

Time to vist the Dragons Den.

(No, not the popular TV seres, but the name I've given sex cell 69. - I need that wall covering)

Edited by SupraStar 3000 (see edit history)

They are roof tiles Abz..!!

The pic abz used looks like pond filter sponge

I am not sure what it is called but we sometimes get it as packaging when we have IT kit delivered. It is like a soft foam like padding which really absorbs shock.

b;3286474']What about this stuff Ed?

http://bit.ly/woi3IO

(hope that link woks..)

Thats the stuff except £16 for 4ft is to expensive. Thanks anyways mate.

Whatever I use needs to look aesthetically right. Now considering some chunky rope and hanging down the side.

EDIT: Flippin ekk, forget that! How expensive is old rope! :faint:

Not sure what this is called, but maybe something like this?

http://www.sxc.hu/pic/m/i/iw/iwd/971748_foam_padding.jpg

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_nkw=acoustic+foam&_frs=1&_trksid=p3286.c0.m359

Acoustic foam is what most people call it, bought a load of it a few months back to sound proof a drum room, quite expensive for what you get, and it would take quite a few square tiles to do both sides of a garage.

What you want is something like pipe lagging, its cheap as chips and fairly dense and impact resistant. A few lengths would do you, just need a way of keeping it in place.

http://www.wickes.co.uk/invt/210451